zym tablets

stueyc
stueyc Posts: 518
edited January 2008 in Road beginners
got free in this months procycling...any good?anyone used before?

Comments

• yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    I know people who have used them but have not tried them myself. Seems like a good idea, you can keep them in your pocket and just drop 'em in a bottle of water - reminds me of 'Alka-seltza' though..
  • Ruari
    Ruari Posts: 217
    Should be the same as the NUUN tabs. I used the NUUN tabs during triathlon and they seemed to help. It's not an energy drink, but it helps replace lost electrolytes and reduce muscle cramps etc.
    FCN 1
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I never got any free tablets with my Procycling mag and my mag was sealed when I got it. Is it a subscription deal only?
    Brian B.
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    No. Someone's nicked them.
  • stueyc
    stueyc Posts: 518
    just checked..says it was a wh smith offer only!!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    stueyc wrote:
    just checked..says it was a wh smith offer only!!

I got mine from WH Smith, and I never got any.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • CheerOn
    CheerOn Posts: 139
    I got mine in the mag

Tried them last summer and now I'm training again I'm beginning to use them all the time as they stop me cramping. Also means I don't take carbs at the moment, and I'm beginning some endurance training and need to lose the weight I've put on over the winter.

Once I start taking carbs on board for the longer rides it will mean I can measure the carbs out accurately rather than taking carbs to do an electrolyte replacement job and means I don't take some other electrolyte drink that has some carb in it.

So far I think they're great !
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Are there 2 different issues this month ? February issue and a season preview issue ?
  • I got my freebie at the WH Smiths at a station. I love it - it has really made a difference to cramp prevention - where can I get it?