exercise DVD or book recomendations

plain lazy
plain lazy Posts: 137
edited February 2008 in Health, fitness & training
Hi, can anyone rcommend an exercise dvd or book. I have started doing a 30min workout in the morning before work but dont have a propper program. As i am a bloke i dont want a celebrity aerobic dance video, i want something more like press-ups, squats etc. Do the army do something? Any ideas are very welcome.

Comments

• Pippen33
    Pippen33 Posts: 235
    Try the Lateral Thy Trainer. "I lost 300lbs in 5 days"
    spammer
  • I have a Yoga for Weight Loss DVD by a guy called Kisen (who made Geri Halliwell skinny a few years back). I've not started it yet this year but last time I used it I saw a real difference in my fitness after a couple of weeks.

Most of the aerobic DVD's look quite good. I'd have no problem buying one and using it, if anyone winds you up about it, you'll be laughing last when you lose the weight.
  • Bazza
    Bazza Posts: 3,336
    My misses does Davina Mcall's dvd an also Janice's from corrie.
    As to which ones the best well...they all claim that!

I've heard pole dancing is great for toning an fitness, I keep telling her that but she won't listen, lol
    RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!

Carrera Fury 06

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wa_wa_weewa/ - New pics added...
  • I bought a book called "BANISH YOUR BELLY" (Check Amazon [2nd hand])

it's a MEN'S HEALTH publication... and unfortunatly it's americanized... but it does what it says on the cover... and it has loads and loads of useful information...

51MN3YZCK2L._AA240_.jpg
    get on your bikes and ride!
  • Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    Plain Lazy - let me know if you need any help.

I passed and was offered a place on thr Royal Marines officers course, tought kickboxing for years, was a surf life saving ironman competitor and general fitness loon.

While I initially just wanted to get bigger (I was already fit), I now try and get a balance between size and fitness.

I have a number of very good exercises I have developed and the kit needed is almost zero and can be done at home.

And I don't try and charge a fortune (or in fact anything) for advise I feel should be free!
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • cheers for the advice folks, the wife has managed to borrow a few dvds off her mates for me, so i'm gonna give them a whirl. plus i've found aerobics on sky sports at 6am, that seems okay.

cheers again

mark
  • Lhance
    Lhance Posts: 88
    hi . cyclo-CORE.com as worked for me.