New Mountain Bike Only £40!

jc4lab
jc4lab Posts: 554
edited January 2008 in Campaign
My local Tesco is now selling new adult size mountain bikes for £40.. Soon they will be giving them away....
jc

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Anyone who buys these are obviously complete idiots. Don't they realise its a form of engineering as opposed to a toy or an everyday consuable? Piss me off they do
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    i'll bet that its full sus and heavy as anything

personally I don't trust them, i'm scared every time my girlfriend rides hers (£50, similar retailers) due to knowing how much front / rear play the forks have!
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • There's been "Buy 2 for only £99.99" in small ads in papers etc for years, no doubt complete junk with tube sets by British Gas, lovely chrome steel rims and shiney rubber brake blocks, just ready for that first wet day, when you squeeze the brake levers and nowt happens.
    Complete toys, but if it gets people riding the 2 or 3 miles to work!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    jc4lab wrote:
    My local Tesco is now selling new adult size mountain bikes for £40.. Soon they will be giving them away....

Thats expensive :lol: ...here in Oz, buy 5 subway lunches for $11 each and you can get a bike for just a few more - $20 or something equslly ridiculous (can't remember the exact figure). I think the cost is about 30GBP all in and that includes your lunch. Its like a free bike for buying some rolls and cola!!!