Obree is

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited January 2008 in Pro race
proof of what can be done clean. he should have raised court action against the Verbruggen

http://www.obree.com/

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Dave_1 wrote:
    he should have raised court action against the Verbruggen
    On what grounds - because they banned his position or because the UCI did nothing to stop doping at the time?

I like Obree's closing comment:
    "AND by the way, I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time as has been happening in the sport for a long time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. In other words, if you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later."

Nicely put.
  • dave_1
    Bronzie wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    he should have raised court action against the Verbruggen
    On what grounds - because they banned his position or because the UCI did nothing to stop doping at the time?

I like Obree's closing comment:
    "AND by the way, I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time as has been happening in the sport for a long time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. In other words, if you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later."

Nicely put.

Because they made up rules trackside, not constitutional...and cause they appeared to be aware of blood doping and did nothing till 97 and were negligent, a law unto themselves and negligent to the point where the health of the riders was endangered by the do nothing attitude of UCI...EPO hit the bunch 1990-1992...why take 6 years to test blood when it was available as a test before that??...they wrecked clean riders careers..
  • Dave_1 wrote:
    EPO hit the bunch 1990-1992...why take 6 years to test blood when it was available as a test before that
    Because it wasn't possible to differentiate between EPO and RhEPO at that time.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    The biggest factor is the unconstiutional making of fundamental changes at the track and appearing to have a continuing vendetta against anything which Graeme Obree introduced. Not only the UCI however, British cycling should hang its head in shame at the way it failed with its lack of support for Graeme. I doubt that if the same had happened to Boardman then the British Cycling attitude would have been the same.
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    why on earth is he not earning anything from the flying scotsman..??

Jeez this guy really has had everything stacked against him and yet hes still one of the best cyclists in the country... Proud to have met him a good few years back (and had a very one sided turbo race 'against' him...)
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    EPO hit the bunch 1990-1992...why take 6 years to test blood when it was available as a test before that
    Because it wasn't possible to differentiate between EPO and RhEPO at that time.

Surely the haemocrit test was around a long time before synthetic EPO testing was developed?