Morning all, today is grim!

big_southern_jesse
big_southern_jesse Posts: 729
edited January 2008 in The Crudcatcher
The world is conspiring against me!

Okay, that's a little over the top, but it's certainly raining quite hard outside. :(

Major job for today was to tidy my workshop before continuing to repair a boat. Popped down there this morning, and the job has to really start with making space so I can put up a new storage unit. However, of course, it's far to wet to put anything outside and the workshop is currently like one those little logic puzzles with 15 squares in a 4x4 grid, and you have to move them all round one by one to slowly move one bit from one side to the other! So nothing happening there then!

Also noticed that the bike I put away after Sundays ride is still as sparkling clean and lovely as when I put it away, it just has a completely flat front tyre! :evil:

That's just not fair. If you get a flat at the time and repair it, fine, that's life. But to put the bike away, safe in the knowledge that it's been cleaned, dried, polished and lubed and is as good as possible, ready for the next ride, and then find that the flat tyre pixies have attacked it in the night is just nasty! :evil:

Anyway, save my sanity with anything today, tales of happiness to make me feel better, or tales of much greater misfortune to make me feel much better! :D

Fred drift is welcome here! Have a good day, Jess.
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
The world's ultimate marmite bike

Comments

• ahh man -things will get better I promise mate!

It's crap weather in London today and I was hoping my new frame would be delivered before I leave for work but it ain't :cry:

re: flat tyres - how the HELL does that happen - happened to the misses bike. It was fine then two days later - a comedy flat! :lol:
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    I as working until one o clock last night. Went to bed, two hours later my housemates came in and proceeded to wake the dead, and living. Had to be up at eight this morning. Boo!
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    This thread is filled with ouch. I'll add some more, 59hrs between now and Sunday at work :(
  • Im cold and wet.... Got absolutely drenched this morning on the way to the train.... Suit trousers are not made for wet weather. I looked like I was wearing spandex pants by the time I got to the station. And of course the obligitary car splashed a lake at me!! Bstardos!
  • it's cold, it's wet, and it's very muddy in the forest...

but spent the morning at a mates bike shop chilling and looking for my new bike..
    :D
    So not so bad today.... :wink:
    thinking happy thoughts....before the pixies steal them..

www.homersbikes.co.uk
  • it's cold, it's wet, and it's very muddy in the forest...

but spent the morning at a mates bike shop chilling and looking for my new bike..
    :D
    So not so bad today.... :wink:

very nice way to start the day! :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Why cant it snow? All that rain as snow would have mean some top sledgeing!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I just got back from rugby training....

.... and spent 35 mins in the shower getting the mud and grit off. :(
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    well, work was ok and i slept in instead of going to the gym before work, im having steak for tea so all is pretty good in the sheepsteeth camp except for the fact im waiting for 300 quids worth of bike stuff to turn up :x
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    I can't ride my bike until next week due to the world's crappest exam timetable, and the weather currently rains when i could be out and about and nice and clear and sunny when I'm either "revising"...well..... attacking house mates with card board tube swords or in an exam......... I built my new steed before xmas aswell and as of yet it has not been christened, its just sat next to my bed taunting me.
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    supersonic wrote:
    Why cant it snow? All that rain as snow would have mean some top sledgeing!
    i said that to a girl yesterday and she just laughed at me. they just have no idea.