New to this!!

Trailler2008
Trailler2008 Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Road beginners
I have a question which I want answered by someone that isn't trying to sell me a bike. I am new to all of this and current training for the New York marathon 2008 (I know it's early but it's needed) and a friend is encouraging me to do some Triathlons. I'm quite keen for that but I need a bike. I also want to be able to commute to work during the slightly warmer days. The last time I bought a bike was a long time ago and I know nothing.

I want to know want sort of price to be looking out for and what sort of spec as well. I have seen the Boardman Comp Road bike which looks good to be at a good price but, as I said, I don't know.

Any advice you could offer would be most appreciated.

Cheers

T

Comments

• meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Entirely coincidentally, there's a Boardman Comp on ebay starting at 400 quid which sounds a good deal! And NO, it is not mine and I have no interest in it.

It does however serve to make the point that especially just post-Xmas and after last summer's mainly miserable weather there are LOTS of 2nd hand bargains out there.

No opinion as to WHAT make etc (altho' I do think that Giants always good vfm)- I no longer have nor want a race bike. Just save yourself c.40% and buy (barely) used.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."