Top 12 Cars (with a twist, please read on)

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited January 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Right - I had decided on this towards the end of the Top 10 singing ladies thread, and although it kind of clashes with Sonic's top 10 cars, I'm posting it anyway.

This is Top 10 cars that YOU HAVE DRIVEN.

I know some of us might not have driven a car yet, but you'll have to wait till the next Top 10 comes out to vote.

This must be a car that you have actually driven, not just sat in. Anyone can go to the Ferrari dealer and sit in one.

Rules are the usual, we get the first 10 entires and we cast a vote from there. I will find the pics of your car and post them if you cannot.

I kind of started the Top 10 thing just recently so I figured I'd conitnue with it - Hope none of you mind.

Oh yeah - and look at the time I created this thread - God knows why I am still up at nearly 3AM!!

Nominations Are

nicklouse - Porsche944

RamonZarate - Renault 5 GT Turbo

The Spiderman - 1988 TVR S

warm18 - Jaguar XK8

batch78 - MG ZS 180

littleben15 - Caterham or something along those lines?

Nick Dastardly - Formula Ford

sheepsteeth - BMW 628 CSI

Will Snow - Landrover Defender 90

dunnnooo - Lada Niva

Pete236 - MG Midget

GT Destroyer - TVR Cerbera

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Porsche 944
    1275 GT Mini
    1275 Cooper S
    1071 Cooper S
    1380 road legal Mini
    race 1293 Mini
    VW Beetle cup car
    Saab 9-3 Aero
    Series 1 Landrover
    309 gti

in no order.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • There you go GT, Nick has listed the entire ten on his own!

Job done! :oops:
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • GT Destroyer
    My fault - Sorry Nick I mightn't have been as clear as I should. We just need 1 car from you, then when we get to 10 individual cars, we all cast a vote to determine the best one!
    Sorry!

I imagine you are going to pick the 944?

And Jesse - Wheres your car?
  • Renault 5 GT Turbo 8)
  • My nomination would be my mate`s 1988 TVR S.Crap build quality,crap electrics,easy to lock up under braking,but a whole heap of fun.

I can only guess,what the later TVRs with 2 or 3 times the power are like..........
    :shock:

I have also enjoyed,driving an old BMW 325 coupe,Nissan 200SX,various Alfas and Pug 205 GTIs.

New cars maybe efficient,but can't beat the old ones for sheer driving thrills,mainly because weight blunts,not only their performance but their handling/response too.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pistonheads.com/news/images/3273-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/s/Default.asp%3FstoryId%3D3273&h=234&w=400&sz=16&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=53LUyTd3awVuyM:&tbnh=73&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtvr%2Bs1%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    ah decisions decisions decisions, either mark 5 golf gti or jaguar xk8......... i think im going to go with the latter although i do plan on havng a gti soon hopefully :D

so here's my offering

XK8-6.gif
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Here we go then, told you I'd embarass myself again! Its a toss up between my MG ZS 180 or a mates BMW 330 Coupe and because I'm not a suit wearing, mobile phone touting, egotistical w**ker I'll go with my MG.

Trophy blue saloon with the big spoiler if you would be so kind please GT.

And before all you affecianados start, I know its not a real MG but in its defence Clarkson and Tiff both rated its handling.
  • DSCF3943.jpg

That would be my entry, though i am only just 18, so its not bad going :D

sorry the pics hoooge!
  • 106348625o695466408dd5.jpg

Old Formula Ford on a very wet day in Wigan. Pretty quick and enough oversteer for you to spin it if you're not careful with the throttle, as I found out!

As for road cars, don't laugh, Skoda Octavia VRS estate. Same engine as a Golf GTi, and more fun to drive than an estate should be.

Also driven a prototype 3.0 V6 Jaguar X-Type, but it was an automatic so loses points for that.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    edited January 2008
    I have been driven in a refurbished Aston Martin DB6 (not old enough to drive it myself). Does that count GT?

AM948-1.JPG
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • And Jesse - Wheres your car?

Well lets see... the cars I've owned:
      Fiat strada 1.3 Volvo 340 Volvo 440 Citroen Berlingo Van!

Other cars I've driven:
      Golf Cabriolet Golf GTi Skoda Felicia Range Rover Disco Ford Focus Diesel Renault Clio 3.5 ton LDV Series 400 7.5 ton LDV Roadrunner

Do you see now why I've not listed a top 10 car? I don't really think anything I've ever driven really deserves to be on the list! I'm quite interested in cool cars, it's just never been something I've been driven ( :oops: ) to do anything about! So, unless you get absolutely desperate for a nomination, I'll not put a nomination forward.
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    Depends what you want to use it for....
    heres my selection down to three I have owned/driven that caught my attention. Owned dozens more, but these are the ones I might have again.

Defender 110 CSW
    Mini 1275
    MX5
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    wahey!! nice to see the mx5 get a mention!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    my fav car was bmw 628csi, i reall y want another and although it was the baby version of the 6, it was fast as feck.

BMW-635-COUPE-sm.jpg
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    land rover defender 90 all the way. now theres a proper car (and a bloody good uplift vehicle to!!!)
    i ride a hardtail
  • clas
    clas Posts: 187
    how about a challenger II? OK its not a car......
    I never touched it! It was broke when I got here.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Whats the spec Littleben?
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    Alek_Ser_04LadaNiva_2RR.jpg

Ahem.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    wow that car actually has eyebrows. that is truly amazing!!! you selling it??
    i ride a hardtail
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    It's just a pic of the make/model. The version I drove was purple, and about five years older.... but chosen as there was a shed load of private roads nearby, and nobody to mind a heavy right foot. :D
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • pete236
    pete236 Posts: 204
    Hmm, my top driven would be a choice between my MG Midget (its sooo much fun and quicker than people expect!)
    or a Lotus Exige (part of a race training day I had at Silverstone for my 18th B-day. That thing is so quick and sticks to the road like superglue!)
    I'm going to have to go for the MG! Quite nippy, not much of a top speed but then its not built for motorways. Wet slippery roundabouts are fun and nerve warcking at the same time - the back end WILL come out, but how much?!?

One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
  • GT Destroyer
    Good work guys, we have some good nominations and, ahem, some not so good!!!

Its got to be a car you have driven so the Aston Martin from Blackspur doesn't count unfortunately.

The Jag from warm18 is a great one. The racing cars from Littleben15 and Nick Dastardly are cracking, they will take some of the votes surely?

The voting will be YOUR FAVOURITE CAR, meaning the one YOU would like to drive the most.

My Car is the TVR Cerbera 4.5 V8.

CERBERA4.5.JPG
  • GT Destroyer
    OK Guys

We have 12 entries this time so its a Top 12.

Nicklouse - I just need to know which car you want to enter please.

LittleBen - I need to know the make of your entry please.

I will find pics of the cars that don't have them and post them up, think I'll post them each underneath the entry on the very first post.

Once we have the final list done with the 2 amendments above sorted - We'll start the voting.

We'll have to see how this goes as its been a tad quiet last couple of days.

Voting is nearly open!!!!
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    where did this thread go. come on GT sort the voting out!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    probly way too late, but I would swap the caterham for a fisher fury any day of the week.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    Loudest- Ferrari F355 (the inlaws owned it)
    Fastest - Mitsi Evo FQ360 (fastest car I've driven)
    Comfiest - BMW 750i (tested the the Independent newspaper)
    Best handling - Elise 111R
    Most treasured (it was mine) Golf R32.
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • OK Guys

We have 12 entries this time so its a Top 12.

Nicklouse - I just need to know which car you want to enter please.

LittleBen - I need to know the make of your entry please.

I will find pics of the cars that don't have them and post them up, think I'll post them each underneath the entry on the very first post.

Once we have the final list done with the 2 amendments above sorted - We'll start the voting.

We'll have to see how this goes as its been a tad quiet last couple of days.

Voting is nearly open!!!!

Its a westfield SE of my dads, about 1700 and a bit cc (re bored from 1640, i think).
    Goes like F**K
    Plus its REALLY noisy! :D
  • batch78 wrote:
    Whats the spec Littleben?

sorry these are late replies - exams have been looming :(

anywho- im not really sure to be honest!, it was already fully built when bought. Only thing dads done is taken it in for a full engine retune, carbs jetted, that kinda thing. The engine(capri) had been fully rebuilt just before he got it so wasnt running as well as it could.
    I think it has about 130-140bhp @ 4000rpm...though cant remember exactly.
  • GT Destroyer
    Sorry guys - Been away to South of France for a few days. I will sort the voting out soon. I stil need Nicklouse to choose his car, if he doesn't I'll pick the 944 for him I think.

I need to get back to "normal" then I'll open up the voting. We'll just see how it goes for this one.
  • ds5.jpg

same colour as the one i drove,amazing little car.went like snot off a chickens lip for a 1.4. :wink: