worn large front chain ring rear cassette and chain

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited January 2008 in Road beginners
ive had my trek pilot 1.0 for 14 months on my second service i needed a rear cassette, chain and large front chainring on my triple chainset, ive only done 2400 miles and they were worn, i think the problem is i use the large front chainring most of the time except for hills, so do most use the middle chainring on the flat and only the large chainring down hill, guess i havent been spinning enough

Comments

• LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    Same as you I use the large ring most of the time and the small one for hills. After last winter my chain was very worn and the small ring was also very worn whilst the large one was in quite good order. This winter I have changed to a fixed wheel so do not have the complication of which gear to use. Your question about the Roses Sportif, I think I will be doing the Three Counties Challenge again this year as it is an excellent event and the HQ is nearer to me.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    You need to look to your maintainance schedules. If the chain is kept clean and lubricated you should get at least that mileage from the chain and twice that from the cassette and rings. Much more in summer.