Thetford Forest after Rain?

lostnomad
lostnomad Posts: 3
edited January 2008 in MTB rides
Hi all,

Have never ridden in Thetford Forest before and am planning to go on Monday. Is it still rideable after heavy rain, like the rain we've had in the area (Cambridgeshire) these past couple days? Any info from locals, regulars and people who've ridden there in the last few days would be super.

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    rode the red this morning rode the black last weekend. Every wallow was full of water but its always like that in the winter so its not gonna change anytime soon. Some of the sections were quite cut up. The water was extremely cold as i found out this morning when i went through puddles. But it will be rideable if you dont mind plugging through some of the muddy sections. Just watch out for the big puddles that go up to whell axle depth and for routes under the loose mud. BCP should be much better for ground conditions as the trails are only ridden by the locals
  • Thanks Dan, that's good info. Will have a go on Monday I think. Another thing, I've heard that there are a few jumps there (Thetford side) on the black route I think. Were they jumpable in the wet/muddy conditions?

Cheers again.