Priorities?

big_southern_jesse
big_southern_jesse Posts: 729
edited January 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I had a slight disagreement with my wife last night about priorities. Here's the scenario.

Finishing work I come int othe house to find the kitchen a bit of a mess, after being lazy after dinner the night before. The sink is full of dishes and saucepans. I set to work, and sort out the sink space, getting all the dishes and a nice neat pile and emptying the washing up bowl and sink. Obviously you have to have clean water to clean anything, so I ran a nice hot bowl of soapy water. Up to here my wife and I are in perfect agreement.
I then did the obvious thing. I picked up my bowl of hot soapy water and carried it down the garden to my workshop so I could clean my bike.

As I say, at this point we appeared to have a different set of priorities! :shock:

It's not as though I wasn't back in the house an hour and a half later to do the normal washing up. :D

Anyone else agree with me that I had my priorities right?
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
The world's ultimate marmite bike

Comments

• batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Sounds about right to me mate, the plates aren't gonna go rusty or work any less efficiently if they don't get washed immediately!

p.s I'm assuming shes great in bed which is why she wasn't doing the washing up in the first place :lol:
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    I think that the only thing that could have gone wrong, if anything, might have been the fact that she was expecting you to do the dishes? From my experience thats what I would guess. Was she really mad?

You see you has the intention of doing the washing up, and you actually did the washing up - I think it might be down to communication.

Hell reading the post, even I thought you were going to do the dishes, now I'm mad with you!!!
  • Ahh come on, batch sets out the logic perfectly! Plates down rust, nor do they benefit from the new cassette cleaning brush and muc off spary I bought yesterday!
  • clas
    clas Posts: 187
    thats fine
    no problems
    unless while you were washing your bike she was in the house! if so why didnt she do the dishes? lazy cow.
    If not why didnt she come home and do the dishes? lazy cow
    even better why didnt she do them the previous night allowing you to wash your bike then leaving this evening free for bike maintenance? lazy cow
    really some people If she was that fussed about the dishes she should buy a dishwasher and a bike bet she doesnt. lazy cow :evil:
    I never touched it! It was broke when I got here.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Why dump the dirty dishes in the sink in the first place, my missus does this all the time, makes extra work when you do want to use the sink, even more annoying is putting the dirty dishes on the counter directly above the dishwasher, put them in straight away. I'm sure she does it deliberately :evil: :!: :cry:

And while we're on the missus and washing up faux pas, what's with leaving an inch of tea or coffee in the mug everytime, just put less in if you're not going to drink it all. The number of times I've picked up a mug I thought was empty (to put in the dishwasher) and ended up with coffee everywhere :!: :!: :!: :!:

rant rant rant (I'm off to leave the toilet seat up :twisted: )
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    The bit about leaving some tea or coffe or whatever drink it is, in the bottom of the cup is absolutely classic.

Its one of the "not talked about enough things" that people do. It stains the bottom of the cup, just put it down the sink if you don't want to drink it, or better still don't fill the friggin' cup up so much.
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    This is a funny thread!

On the bike washing thing, it is such a woman thing to have a moan about and us men just have to acknowledge that we don't really know much about the other half of the species. In fact the only real similarity is that they walk upright and speak english!

I mean seriously, does it really matter if the dishes sit there an extra hour or so when they've been sat there for twenty-ba5tard-four-fecking hours!

Love 'em though :lol:
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Why clean the bike in a cold shed? Should have brought in into the kitchen to work on. Then she could appreciate the situation more ;-)
  • I have to say that my wife does work damn hard and does an equal share at least around the house. I'm also lucky that she understands that I have hobbies and sports I like to devote time to. Unfortunately she doesn't really have any hobbies of her own, although she is about to start playing basketball again. So she's pretty good to me to put up wit hme disapperring off to play with boats, windsurfing, riding etc.

That said, I had no idea that this thread would pick up on so many un-voiced rants.

There is definitly a different way of thinking. I too can't stand dirty plates droppped into the sink! How can you wash anything when it's all in the way to start with!

Then again, there are things around the house that I don't even see! Like the 90 % finished kitchen and dining room. I've just got the last plastering to do, it'll get done, and meanwhile the rough edges don't bother me at all, because they are simply how it is until finished. Those rough edges drive her nuts every day!

We just see different things! :lol:
  • Thing is, the workshop is mine! It's about the only place where it stays as I left it, how I want it. She gets a study and general charge of the house, I get my workshop and the boat! I reckon that's biased in my favour! :D
  • i still can't belive you let her leave the washing up for 24 hrs............ :lol::lol:
    thinking happy thoughts....before the pixies steal them..

www.homersbikes.co.uk
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    That sounds fair to me jesse, my girlfriends only got a third of a patio beacause I started it last year before getting knocked off my bike, then running out of good weather to finish it. I don't mind too much, at least I did the bit immediately outside the door first, but she hates it and moans all the time! :roll:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Ha, you're all whipped, not only should she have done the dishes, she should have gone and cleaned your bike for you. :lol:

As for coffee cups, my other officially has the worst habit, she make a cup of tea, drinks half of it and then leaves it to go cold. Upon returning to the cold cup she puts it in the microwave and re-heats it, however she then goes off and does something else. Later, when she wants yet another cup of tea she cannot find her mug so she uses a fresh one, and the cycle begins again. So whenever I go round there aren't any mugs for me because they are all in the microwave half full of tea...

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, rant over
  • 'Tis true! What's the difficulty? It's surely simple:
      Boil Kettle, Make tea, Drink tea, Rince mug with water from kettle that is still warm from original boiling, Leave mug beside kettle ready for next Cuppa. End of day, all mugs in dishwasher!

That why I use 1 cup a day, and we have 8 in the dishwasher most nights! :roll:
  • Gentelmen....i tip my hat for you all! :lol:

Best thread in a while!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    haha, im glad my mrs doesnt use this forum so she cant tell you about my lazy attitude to the house work. to be fair, thats her department anyway.

i do all the cooking and open all the tightest jars and fix all of the bikes, the wife does everything else, hell, she even ironed my uniform for me tonight!!