links,feedback and opinions please

Comments

• i think it all boils down to which you like the most and which one fits you. They're all good bikes, obviously, all kitted out to a similar standard and not much difference in the price. The spesh is a more relaxed/comfortable postiion than the other two, so it kinda depends what you want to use it for too...
    "Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell!!"
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Personally I'd go for the Roubaix first, Scott second and Trek last.

I nearly bought the Trek a couple of weeks ago, but the discovery paint scheme really put me off
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I reckon the Roubaix will be the most comfortable of them all.

I'm hoping so anyway; I'm planning to get one myself in the Spring :)
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...it would be the Trek for me...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • redddraggon
    For some reason Treks can only bought from a physical (rather than online) shop.

If you are anywhere near Chester, they had the Trek for £1400 in The Bike Factory.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • i'd go for the spesh roubaix, i looked at the treks when they 1st came out and the paint job on it really is a bit mingin so instead i bought this:- see link below
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • heres a link to what bikers world say about my bike:-
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... s-07-21258

and what about this for the money?

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... t-07-18354

seems a good bike to me
    felix's bike

• redddraggon
    i'd go for the spesh roubaix, i looked at the treks when they 1st came out and the paint job on it really is a bit mingin so instead i bought this:- see link below

You like bikes in team colours? I like the Liquigas one, but some like the Disco ones are awful like you said.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I would have thought that the geometries of the 'Dale and the Roubaix would be quite different. The 'Dale a more aggressive racer and the Spesh a more upright sportive...
  • i'd go for the spesh roubaix, i looked at the treks when they 1st came out and the paint job on it really is a bit mingin so instead i bought this:- see link below

You like bikes in team colours? I like the Liquigas one, but some like the Disco ones are awful like you said.

I felt weird buying a liquigas coloured bike when a:they didn't even use the bike and b: I'm far from good enough to be on the team.
  • AntLockyer wrote:
    i'd go for the spesh roubaix, i looked at the treks when they 1st came out and the paint job on it really is a bit mingin so instead i bought this:- see link below

I felt weird buying a liquigas coloured bike when a:they didn't even use the bike and b: I'm far from good enough to be on the team.

i think if you look at last years tour and last years giro, world champs amongst a whole load others my bike was actually USED by the team in all its major races.
    felix's bike

• AntLockyer wrote:

i think if you look at last years tour and last years giro, world champs amongst a whole load others my bike was actually USED by the team in all its major races.

Are you sure they used your bike? Their frames may look like yours and there's a possibility that some of them used similar frames, but I'm sure that there is no way they would use the low-end groupset and wheels specified in the review you pointed out.
  • redddraggon
    blackhands wrote:
    but I'm sure that there is no way they would use the low-end groupset and wheels specified in the review you pointed out.

Aye, Liquigas use Campag rather than the japanese stuff.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • the frameset is the exact same, sorry my correction.
    anyway cycling plus gave it 2nd place in the big of the year behind the focus.
    felix's bike