Etape du Dales - open

kenbaxter
kenbaxter Posts: 1,251
Enries open this morning and filling up fast!

Comments

• HarryB
    HarryB Posts: 197
    Tried 10 times to enter. Can't get to payment server. Bugger. 520 in already
  • HarryB
    Any ideas how I can get this thing to work?
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    The early bird gets the worm.

Andy
    (entrant no 13)
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • It's now full.

They've closed online entry at 650
  • HarryB
    Bollocks!
  • HarryB wrote:
    Bollocks!

there's still plenty of places left in the Northern Rock cyclone www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk
  • HarryB
    Peter, I'm already enetered. Cheers.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Fear not HarryB, the site says:

ONLINE ENTRIES have been limited to 650
    (Info will be posted here when more places are available.)

I think they did this last year too, so just keep an eye on the site. If worst comes to the worst you can just turn up and ride the route anyway along with everyone else.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • bobh
    bobh Posts: 163
    The White Rose Classic has about 200 or so spaces left and follows the proven Dales formula. Our other event the Ryedale Rumble has just been launched (www.ryedalerumble.co.uk) and has plenty of spaces. This ride is around the North York Moors, fabulous scenery, quiet roads and climbs to remininsce about. Fans of "Heartbeat"? catch the real deal and Rumble!

Bob Howden
    Chairman
    BC Yorkshire
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bobh wrote:
    The White Rose Classic has about 200 or so spaces left and follows the proven Dales formula. Our other event the Ryedale Rumble has just been launched (www.ryedalerumble.co.uk) and has plenty of spaces. This ride is around the North York Moors, fabulous scenery, quiet roads and climbs to remininsce about. Fans of "Heartbeat"? catch the real deal and Rumble!

Bob Howden
    Chairman
    BC Yorkshire

Yeah...for anyone who misses out on the EdD then the WRC takes in the same 2 toughest climbs of the EdD (Fleetmoss & Coal Road)and also tons of other brutes more in the southern dales...tremendous...supposedly outrageously difficult...I'll find out soon enough....

Also cannot go without mentioning the Ryedale Rumble...Its going to be an absolute Classic.....BOLTBY BANK for openers...one of the toughest 1km climbs I've ever did....tougher than Winnats Pass...thought I was going to throw up at the top....then its just a simple case of BLAKEY BANk...another total Brute...then off around all the sharp climbs in the Northern and Eastern Moors before heading back west...Limber Hill.....then nearing the finally....ROSEDALE CHIMNEY....steepest climb anywhere...along with Hardknott and Wrynose and Bwlch Y Groes this is simply one of the must do experiences for any cyclist in the UK...seeing is beleiving...

Both these events had so many admirers last year....everyone reckoned they were just so well organised!
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 300
    Got my entry in soI'll be there.
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    Yep, I'll be there too. Should be a good day by all accounts. Not so sure about all those hills though :roll: