road bike hire

DLMKA
DLMKA Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Tour & expedition
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm going to be in Peterborough for most of January for business. I have weekends to go off and do as I please so the weekend of Jan 18-20 I wanted to go to Hoogerheide, Holland to watch a UCI World Cup Cyclocross race and on the way visit the velodrome in Roubaix, Arenberg Forest near Waller, and the Muur in Geraardsbergen. I was really hoping to find a place to hire a road bike on weekends to do some riding locally and take along and ride some of the fabled roads of my heros. Keep in mind I'm coming from the US and bringing my own bike is cost prohibitive. Anyone know a place to hire a bike for weekends in or near Peterborough?

Comments

• ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    DLMKA wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm going to be in Peterborough for most of January for business. I have weekends to go off and do as I please so the weekend of Jan 18-20 I wanted to go to Hoogerheide, Holland to watch a UCI World Cup Cyclocross race and on the way visit the velodrome in Roubaix, Arenberg Forest near Waller, and the Muur in Geraardsbergen. I was really hoping to find a place to hire a road bike on weekends to do some riding locally and take along and ride some of the fabled roads of my heros. Keep in mind I'm coming from the US and bringing my own bike is cost prohibitive. Anyone know a place to hire a bike for weekends in or near Peterborough?
    I'm a bit confused. Are you wanting to hire a bike in Peterborough to take over to Holland for weekends?

I'm not sure if many places in England hire out road bikes for weekends anyway, but even if you could find a local bike shop in Peterborough that did, I don't think it would be practical to take it to Holland. Apologies if I have misunderstood your post.