Bikes on Buses in Spain

godders
godders Posts: 84
edited January 2008 in Tour & expedition
Does anyone know if you can take bikes on buses in Spain? Any help will be appriciated. I will be going from Malaga to Algeciras, then catching a ferry to Tangiers.

Thanks
Phil

Comments

• Yes! If you travel to Spain, it has a big possibility that you can take bikes on their buses. :)
  • sean02ie
    sean02ie Posts: 161
    Never had a problem in Spain. Mostly there is a charge of about €10.
  • sean02ie
    sean02ie Posts: 161
    This year I hope to finish my C 2 C in Gibraltar and will need to get back to Malaga Airport by bus so you might let me know how you fared on your trip.
  • In my experience in Andalucia most buses will carry bikes and there isn't a charge. There are a couple of companies however who seem to have a policy of no bikes so worth asking in advance. I remember getting the bus from Malaga to Sevilla without a problem so you may be lucky. Helps to speak some Spanish and be nice to the driver as he's the one that normally makes the decision.
  • New to the forum, but live in Spain and do a lot of long routes and on several occasions we've run out of 'time' (ahem) and had to use buses. We've never had a problem and never been charged. Drivers have told us to ensure they are secured but apart from that no problem...