Rotterdam 6 Day: 3 - 8 Jan

Eddy S
Eddy S Posts: 1,013
edited January 2008 in Track
I can’t believe it’s time for the Rotterdam 6 Day again already! :shock:

For anybody who has not previously watched/experienced this event, it is broadcast free and live for the next 6 days starting tomorrow evening (Thur 3 Jan). The timings are slightly different each day so you'll need to follow the ‘info’ then ‘programme’ links to get details - access via the main page or directly here to the viewer (double click on the viewer to get full screen).

It’s great if you can speak Dutch to understand the commentary (I can’t…) but it’s amazing what you do pick up if you can’t.

There is no British representation in the main Madison events but Chris Hoy, Craig MacLean and Ross Edgar are riding the daily sprint events.

Jonathan Bellis and Ben Swift are representing GB in the UIV Talent Cup plus there are women’s events (featuring Marianne Vos in one of the teams) but these don’t always get shown.

EDIT: It looks like cycling.tv are also showing all 6 days of the racing.

That’s my next 5 evenings and an afternoon taken care of…

Enjoy! 8)
I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.

Comments

• Anybody else get to watch any of this last night? I only got to watch one full Madison, but it was incredible!! I'm used to racing on a track that is about 380m long, so seeing these pros literally FLY around a 200m track, with such steep banking, catapulting each other in, was amazing. Cycling.tv's coverage was really good, and at 800kps the picture and sounds was really clear.

Thanks for the heads-up, Eddy.
    Hipster Nascar: A Blog About Track Cycling - http://www.hipsternascar.com.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Isn’t technology great when it delivers this?!?!? 8)

I watched virtually all of it last night and I will again this evening. I’m very sad and need to get a life really!

The secret for viewing (and advanced apologies to the folks at cycling.tv) is to have the cycling.tv browser open for the commentary and then cut’n’paste the streaming url of the Dutch feed in to a viewer of your choice (Windows Media Player for example) for the picture but with the sound muted – it is much better quality and allows control of the picture size. The only problem is that the two feeds aren’t in sync with the English commentary lagging behind.

This year the Dutch feed is good enough for full screen on my PC - I’ll try it on my TV over the weekend when I get the correct lead.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.