Too many sub-divisions

hamboman
hamboman Posts: 512
I do like this forum, but I think there are far too many different sections. I rarely look at all of them, but there could be interesting things buried there. Suggest cutting it down to ten perhaps, rather than the twenty or so there are now.

Comments

• Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Agreed.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    It is a bit long winded, that's one of the reasons I'm now a regular on the forum link in my sig.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Topic Moved.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Agree.

I only look in General, Buying and Technical because most of the others are too specific and as a result get too little traffic.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    It could be worse....just look at STW for an example.

:lol:
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    in MTB i read beginners, workshop, general, buying advise and XC usually. I may look at routes and offtopic every once in a while as well.

After that i take a look at commuting and the classifides and thats it.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    I don't think there is any need for the 'genre-specific' threads (street, downhill etc.). People just dump their "What dirt jump bike for £200?" threads in the general or buying advice sections anyway and they never get moved by the mods.
  • agreed
    Dreaming of a Flowing, Downhill, Singletrack, Double jumping, Hardtail paradise
  • hamboman
    hamboman Posts: 512
    I think the prob is there are plenty of users on the site with interesting things to say, but their comments are spread too thinly so you have to click around to get to everything.
  • I reckon you could just have categories:

Road
    MTB
    Commute
    Adverts, For Sale/wanted
    Pro Sport
    Off Topic

do you need anymore?

Currently it is mind numbingly cluttered.
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Ciaran500
    Ciaran500 Posts: 348
    Anyone with powers over these decisions care to comment?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi,
    Point taken and it will be considered, but as has been stated elsewhere, changes to the forum like this are not as straightforward as you [or i] might think, and are currently not top of the priority list.

Please keep giving us your input/feedback though - we do read it.

Ta
    Matthew
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    I too am not that fussed about the separate divisions for freeride, street etc.... They hardly get any posts, there doesn't seem to be much point in them being there.