Wellgo pedals at Halfords

aba2005
aba2005 Posts: 487
edited December 2007 in MTB beginners
Are they the V12 copy pedals that people on this forum have talked about?
"You can plan for the life you're supposed to have, but when you try to make plans, God is known to laugh"
Talib Kweli - Broken Glass [The Beautiful Struggle]

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Looking around the Halford site none the Wellgo pedals seem to be V12 copies - these have removable pins.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • aba2005
    I saw some Wellgo pedals in Halfords that looked a little like these. They were black but the middle was flatter than the ones shown in the link.

Anyone tried the DBX pedals?
    "You can plan for the life you're supposed to have, but when you try to make plans, God is known to laugh"
  • aba2005
    Had a quick search using google and I believe they are the V8 copies.
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    If these are BMX pedals the axle will be half inch diameter rather than 9/16 which fits mountain bike crank arms. These Wellgo copies will not have the sealed bearings of the V12 but will resemble the inferior V8s which can be noisy and in need of constant maintenance/greasing. Wellgo make a huge range of pedals (even the V8s and 12s under licence) and badge and brand them all differently. A good rule is to match the two brands of pedal and subtract some of the price for the Wellgo copies.ie V8s are £20-£23: Wellgo version is £13-£19. V12s are £35-£45: Wellgo copies are £25-£28. I have the Wellgo V12 copies while my cycling mate has the actual V12s - and we can't find any difference apart from the tenner extra cost. We gave up on troublesome V8s a long time ago.