buying a new bike

john gregg
john gregg Posts: 6
edited January 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi, NOW IAM REALLY CONFUSED. I HAVE DECIDED TO BUY A FOCUS KILLER BEE BECAUSE THE TEST DESCRIPTION SOUNDS LIKE IT IS JUST WHAT I WANT AND AT £850 THATS MY BUDGET. BUT NOW TODAY A LOCAL SHOP HAS FOUND ME A KONA KULA SUPREME 07 AND WILL DO IT FOR £870. DO I TAKE HIS HAND OF OR IS THIS FAULSE ECONOMY. THE KONA WAS £1,700. I WANT A GOOD ALL DAY BIKE WHICH IS GOOD ON UP HILLS ,MOST OF THE TIME AND WILL DO SINGLE TRACK TIRPS AS AND WHEN. I LIVE NEAR SOUTHDOWNS SO THIS WILL BE MY MAIN RIDING GROUND. ANY HELP PLEASE][/b]

Comments

• Take his hand off after you've taken a test ride. Great frame, excellent fork and decent brakes. It's a hell of a saving on a superb bike.
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • O.K I WILL DO THAT,THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. ANY BODYELSE HAVE ANY ADVISE. I HAVE ALSO FOUND THAT HALFORDS ARE DOING SAME SORT OF DEAL ON THE KONA AND IT JUST MAKES ME WONDER WHY IT WAS £1700 IN FIRST PLACE[/b]
  • gouldie
    gouldie Posts: 74
    it might just be the fact that its an 07 and they desperatly need the room for 08s, giving you the chance to save a bomb. hope you make the right choice! good luck
    dont steal, the government dont like competition!

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1286070/
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    john gregg wrote:
    ANY BODYELSE HAVE ANY ADVISE?

Yes, take your caps lock off and STOP SHOUTING!!! :shock:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • r u sure it is the supreme at halfords, cant see it on website- only the standard kula.

where is your local shop - would love 1 at that price
  • Went back to shop today to sort it all outand its the deluex not the supreme.So looking at the spec iam going for thr focus killer bee,i tryed one at a deomo day and liked it. Thank you for all your help. The supreme and delux are on offer at bike hut in brighton £111.00 for the supreme and £835 for the delux.