Beone bikes?

kobalt
kobalt Posts: 6
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
First i just want to say hi to everyone. Now down to business, what is everyones opinion of BeOne bikes? Are they worth the money over say a GT or similar big brand name, i'll only be spending £350 - £400 ish. All opinions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hey Kobalt, in my personal opinion i wouldnt go for a Beone bike, because i think the bike will have a big depreciation rate becuase its not a well known brand. My advise is to get a similar bike for the same price like a Trek specialized etc :)

But its your money :)
    Specialized Enduro SL Expert 2008
  • I disagree.

Depreciation is only an issue if you are counting on selling it, and I don't think a £400 MTB is ever gonna be an 'investment'.

I have just bought a Beone Karma 2 from CRC for my girlfriend (it arrives tomorrow!!). The spec is exceptional for the money (£499) and Beone are a well established brand in continental europe. If you look at their website they only do high end bikes. I will happily post my impressions of the bike when it arrives / has been used, but purely on the spec alone it seems like exceptional value (RS Recon fork, XT / LX / Deore gears, Avid Juicy 3 brakes, Mavic rims etc).

Just my opinion.. good luck!
  • The Karma 2.0 looks like a good bike (not that i really have a clue about specs/equiptment etc!) Im probably going for the Ten ltd edition 2007.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=24063

Whats your opinion on the spec of it? As i said im v new to this and still pretty clueless about the technical side of things, so any opinions are welcomed!
  • Unfortunately, it's always best really if you can get a ride on a bike before you buy to see if it suits you i.e. size and geometry - however, that said in my opinion I doubt you'll find a much better specced bike for the price.

Cheers,

Yahoobedoo
  • Well i bought the BeOne today, was on it briefly and feels great to ride, though its been a good few years since i been on a bike! Hopefully i'll get a wee spin on it tomorrow and see how it goes! It's in the garage atm, and im resisting the urge to nip out now for a ride(no lights so it wouldn't be v smart).
  • kobalt wrote:
    Well i bought the BeOne today, was on it briefly and feels great to ride, though its been a good few years since i been on a bike! Hopefully i'll get a wee spin on it tomorrow and see how it goes! It's in the garage atm, and im resisting the urge to nip out now for a ride(no lights so it wouldn't be v smart).

Don't worry, not long 'til sunrise!

Enjoy 2008 and your new life with your new bike.

All the best,

Yahoobedoo
  • Beoner
    Beoner Posts: 1
    I just bought a full Sus Beone Nirvana 1.0 XC frame from Chain Reaction. I must say im well impressed!! Iv been riding Bikes bikes for years now and first impressions outa the box are amazing. Now its built its a real head turner!! If your concerned about the quality of the build or brand regognition (usually the case with younger riders) then dont be, because at the end of the day its the ride that counts.

They are well specced bikes for the price and they have recently signed deals with Uk distributors and in Canada so you will prob be seeing them alot more in the future.

Have fun with what ever bike you choose anyway buddy.........
  • Well I saw this and thought it looked a cracking deal, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=25453 I would buy it if I was looking for a new bike !
  • Hey, I bought the BeOne Nirvana 3.0 last year...good price. Have upgraded a couple of things (brakes, handlebars etc) and so far so good. I think for spec you get for the price is great.

I've only ever seen one other person riding a BeOne in the UK...you do see more in Europe.

Here's mine here.

I have been thinking of upgrading to this frame but they just put the price up again...http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=35561
  • BeOne are very good, very light as well but not always best value components for money so id check tht out but if it's all out speed your after the components dont matter as much as long as they are reasonable.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I boought a BeOne Drone 2 years ago.

It had a 3.5lb triple butted frame, Mavic Crossmax wheels, Manitou Skarab XC forks, XT shifters, brakes and mechs, Race Face finishing kit, tubeless tyres.

£600 from CRC!

A month later it was 500!
  • what?! you had a bike other than a GT?! :lol:

only kidding!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I stripped it, put the bits on the Zaskar, and sold the frame haha!