2007 Spesh Stumpy HT

robjdixon
robjdixon Posts: 64
edited December 2007 in MTB buying advice
How much would one of these be worth second hand if it is in excellent condition?

Comments

• prophet_1000
    prophet_1000 Posts: 307
    edited December 2007
    I would imagine whatever somebody is willing to pay for it, Its a hard question to answer really.

Best place to look is on Ebay or other online auctions/ Selling section of bike mags etc, and see what they are going for.

Not easy to find a stumpy HT as there probably aren't as many for sale compared with entry level bikes that people have either purchased and not ridden or have upgraded from.

Sorry, but as you can see from this being your only reply (Yet) not a question easily answered, i.e How longs a piece of string?

Not trying to be an arse here, but in the General section under RULES etc, rule 15 says dont post 'how much is it worth Topics' and goes on to say check out other sites and use them as a benchmark! As to what these other sites are, I dont know, Probably referring to Ebay etc?

Hope this helps?
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • Timmywmb
    Timmywmb Posts: 131
    See a 07 comp in mint condition & standard kit go for £800 few weeks back on ebay
  • sorry, but as they are hard to find, i haven't seen another one.
  • Depending on your height? here is a brand new one for £799

http://www.dalescycles.com/ProductDetai ... SJHTCOMP07

look around a little, search the WEB and see what comes up, there could be more bargains out there just waiting to be snapped up.
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • I think he's trying to sell one rather than buy one...... :wink:
  • glen4
    glen4 Posts: 250
    I have a 07 HT stumpy Expert, and my mate at work just bought the same model on Ebay for £850, in 17" frame size, only 100 miles road use. I think a low usage one is hard to find, as most people who spend more than a grand on a hardtail are already into the sport and are buying a new bike to use it, rather than cruise aroung trying to look cool. IF you're looking to sell, stick it on Ebay, you will get what it is worth (set yourself a decent reserve, in case it goes wrong and you only get a few bids), but the stumpy's I have seen on ebay usually get around 800-900 quid for an expert, bit less (100-200) for a comp.
    2009 Cove Handjob
    2009 Cove Hummer
  • I have an 07 Stumpy Comp - bought it for £1200 a few months ago and hope it's still worth a bit!

My local LBS has a 2006 18" Stumpy Comp (the red one) for £850.

A bit OTT I think but not far off the mark.
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • glen4
    Matteeboy wrote:
    I have an 07 Stumpy Comp - bought it for £1200 a few months ago and hope it's still worth a bit!

My local LBS has a 2006 18" Stumpy Comp (the red one) for £850.

A bit OTT I think but not far off the mark.

Mattee, laughed at your signature, 2007 stumpy with mudguards, just given my bike a thorough cleaning, and part of that was to remove the cycra mudguards I fitted at the start of winter, forgot how good the bike looks without them, but worth their weight in gold at this time of year. :lol:
    2009 Cove Handjob
    2009 Cove Hummer
  • on dales cycles, the sizes seem a bit off. IS this correct for specialized bikes?
  • glen4
    robjdixon wrote:
    on dales cycles, the sizes seem a bit off. IS this correct for specialized bikes?

Nope, they look about right to me, I'm 5'11" and my stumpy HT is 18", when buying the bike I tried a 19, but it felt a wee bit too big
    2009 Cove Handjob
    2009 Cove Hummer