Santa Cruz Blur(ry confusion)

hello_yoshi
hello_yoshi Posts: 39
edited December 2007 in MTB buying advice
Hey there

This is a question about the Santa Cruz Blur range. I am looking at buying a frame only but want to know which is the best value for money taking into account the usability, weight and of course cost of the XC/LT/4X and how do any of these compare with the Nomad???

CheeeyaaahSSS

Comments

• Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    They are designed for different types of riding depending on where your riding sits in the weight/travel compromise. The XC is lightest with 4" travel and not surprisingly is designed for XC, the 4X is also 4" IIRC but is beffier built for 4X racing. The LT (long travel) is a 5" trail bike and finally the Nomad is a 6.5" AM bike.

What kind of riding do you want to use it for?
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • Thanks for that. I mainly do xc and trail riding, no competitions (yet) but like the feel of a light bike. I was originally looking at getting a new hardtail frame but looking through the web I figure I will give a short travel full susser a spin. I am not fussed for massive amounts of travel as I am a real wuss and never take on anything big so 4" would be fine which takes my choices down to the Blur XC and the Blur 4X. What is the difference in weight, is it significant? Does the difference warrant the cost because everywhere I look the 4X frame is quite a bit cheaper.

How does the VPP system compare with GT's I-Drive, and how do the frames compare because they are significantly cheaper than the Santa Cruz frame.

If it helps my magic box of bits which I will strip off my old hardtail includes SRAM X9/Stylo/ drivetrain and Juicy 5 brakes, my fork is the Rockshox Recon 351.

Tanksvellymouch