Tacx satori

Fanis
Fanis Posts: 101
edited December 2007 in MTB beginners
Hi
I decide to buy a new trainer for winter training and i like the tacx satori.Please tell me has anyone use a hometrainer with his MTB's bike???Of course with rear slick tire.

Comments

• H, i do as my club runs training days through out the winter. There not the g8est but if you have a stuructured session its ok :D there gr8 for getting fit for nxt sesones racing though.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Yes have used exactly that trainer. SERIOUSLY dull and requires a lot of motivation to get on the damn thing but does work wonders for fitness. I would suggest best used with some structured program and with a heart rate monitor. I got a dedicated trainer tyre - bright orange thing that is hard wearing and quiet but a right pita to get on and off the wheel - if you have an old spare rear wheel use this to make life easier for yourself. Other tips - you will need either a fan or an open window to stop yourself overheating. ALso some way of mopping up the sweat you produce whilst stationary - I use arm and head bands! Must look seriously bad but better than the pool of sweat on the conservatory floor!