Wireless Computers

Russell Smith
Russell Smith Posts: 229
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
Looking to purchase one in the Post Xmas sales, currently looking at

Blackburn Delphi 4.0 and CatEye Micro Wireless Bike Computer CC MC100W

Back Light / Large Screen / Cadence would be nice....

Cheers In Advance

Russ...

Comments

1892 Posts: 1,690
    I purchased a Blackburn Delphi 4 from www.Ribblecycles.co.uk whilst it worked I was very happy with it. Took the bike out of shed for a ride and the computer was totally dead not very old (272 miles) but it's got a lifetime warranty, waiting for a replacement to arrive in the post. My other bike has a Catseye Astral on it that has work for approx 7-8 years and 14000 miles other than replacing the base because I caught the cable and the battery going flat no problems.
    Justice for the 96
  • After 14 years the CATEYE on my MTB has stop working, but I think it's just that the sensor on the chainstay is damaged. I'm now looking at getting a CATEYE Strada Wireless for both the MTB and my new road bike.

Hope Santa's reading this :lol:
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i have two blackburn delphis, one for each bike (ribble made it cheaper to buy new units rather than new sensors!) and it is a fantastic bit of kit. The screen is very big and bright.

i couldnt recommend it enough
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I've got the Cateye model you refer to all on all three bikes.

I found it more than adequate when I got back into cycling a couple of years back (on MTBs). When I bought the Allez I bought another. Its been fine but it does lack cadence and I think I'll be fitting my new bike with something else.