Shaving weight?

jimbo-norco
jimbo-norco Posts: 333
edited December 2007 in MTB general
whats the best way to lose weight from your bike? I have a 7" travel freeride bike which i love, but i fancy shaving it down a touch to make it more agile.... and easier to lift onto bike racks!!!
I know tyres is the first stop, but ive not long had new ones, so ill kill them firs, then maybe go tubless?? any other things?
thanks

Comments

• Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Depends what riding you do really as innapropriate weight saving could ruin your bike.

If you definately want to convert your freeride bike to more AM then wheels, cranks, bars, stem, seatpost, shocks and forks (air rather than coil) could all be candidates but it may be cheaper to chop the bike in for a light 6" bike!
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Post the spec of the bike, will give us more of a clue of where weight van be saved.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • http://www.norco.com/2006bikes/bike_enl ... col=silver

heres a link to the spec, I have also added, an e13 DRS and maxxis minion tyres, and i am thinking about getting 66's for it.

Oh and i dont want to convert it to all mountain, change some components to make it a little bit lighter, it weighs in at 18kgs exactly now