Morning everyone

stevel
stevel Posts: 7
edited December 2007 in MTB beginners
:mrgreen:

Just joined today so thought I'd say hello.

I've already bought my bike having read through the forums and reviews.

Only issue I have is with the tyres which are I think I need to upgrade so I'll be asking for some advice on this later. :roll:

Steve

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    What have you bought mate?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • BlackSpur wrote:
    What have you bought mate?

Pre reading forum, bought a 2007 Fury which broke after 12 miles. :roll:

So went to the LBS and after trying out half a dozen bikes went for a Merida MATTS SUB 60D 2008. The forks were the weak link so I specced it with Marzocchi mx pro lo forks 2008 instead.

It's simply awesome. To be fair to the Carrera it was £200 more with the forks but it's four times the bike in terms of the ride. Well to me at least. It certainly covers the ground a lot faster.

This is it although the UK version is the white and dark silver version a bit lower down.

http://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_INT/Bikes.Detail.48
  • Pubert
    Pubert Posts: 89
    looks nice ;)
    DMR Sidekick ;)
  • Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    If your looking for tyres, for this time of year you'll probably be wanting a mud specific tyre.

There were some tests recently in some of the magazine. I'drecommend a bontrager mud x.
  • Georgeb wrote:
    If your looking for tyres, for this time of year you'll probably be wanting a mud specific tyre.

There were some tests recently in some of the magazine. I'drecommend a bontrager mud x.

Yep, that's exactlty what I'm after. A good mud tyre. Thanks for that. :wink:

I've been out again today and OMG it was freezin'. The ground was as hard as it is riding in the summer.
    8)
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Maxxis Swampthings for me!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic