Breaking Away is on UK TV over Christmas

ColinJ
ColinJ Posts: 2,218
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
I've just been scanning the TV guides and spotted these two films, well worth recording/watching:

Ch4, Dec 24th, 23:10 - 00:45, Sexy Beast. You won't be thinking of Gandhi when you see Ben Kingsley in this film :shock: ! (Strong language and violence)

ITV1, Dec 25th, 01:50 - 03:35, Breaking Away. I've been waiting ages to get a chance to see this film. How many movies with a cycling theme ever one an Oscar?

Set your video recorders or PVRs now before you forget!

Comments

• vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Go Cutters!
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Sky + Set... nice one........
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    While I'm doing my holiday film list...

Film4, Dec 23rd (TONIGHT!), 21:00 - 23:10, El Laberinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth). Spanish with English subtitles. In the fascist Spain of 1944, the bookish young stepdaughter of a sadistic army officer escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world.

I watched it last week on DVD and thought it was very good.

Ch4, Dec 25th, 22:35 - 01:00, Diarios de motocicleta (The Motorcycle Diaries). Spanish with English subtitles. The dramatization of a motorcycle road trip Che Guevara went on in his youth that showed him his life's calling.

I enjoyed that on DVD last year.
  • what's the name of the cycling cartoon film, i think based around the tour which includes Beauville or similar in the title?
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    excellent. well spotted that man . :D:wink:
    off to make some room on my Sky+ ...what amI going to do with 2000 episodes of `Dog Whisperer' lol :oops:
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    pipsqueak wrote:
    what's the name of the cycling cartoon film, i think based around the tour which includes Beauville or similar in the title?

Belleville Rendez-vous

Snake
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Lysander
    Lysander Posts: 349
    Breaking Away is a lovely film, very funny.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    sexy beast is brilliant.

:wink:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    edited December 2007
    C4, Dec 24th, 23:10 - 00:45, Sexy Beast. You won't be thinking of Gandhi when you see Ben Kingsley in this film Shocked ! (Strong language and violence)

I too thought he was excellent as a paranoid & bonkers Pantani! :D
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Oh and there is also a re-showing of ToB highlights too - can't remember the day/time/channel though (but most likely a graveyard slot on a digital-only channel).
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Watched Breaking Away tonight. Seemed a fairly run of the mill american high school tale. Good enough light entertainment I suppose. However that was one very strange format for a bike race at the end :?
    I have pain!