Great warm weather for everyone!

songwriter
songwriter Posts: 109
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
Come sunday anyway. Is anyone else planning to spend xmas on a bike?
The scent of these arm-pits is aroma finer than prayer

Comments

• ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Yes if the weather permits it i will be out bagging in the Kms, however if it still freezing then will just have to stay home and watch tv, you know the usual christmas day films chitty chitty bang bang,Jason and the argonauts, king kong or a carry on film, I,m bloody depressed already lets hope for good weather. Greetings Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I intend to do just a few miles on Christmas morning, time and weather permitting.

I call it a Pre-emptive strike on the calories!

I want to cycle through the town when it is nice and quiet and savour a (hopefully) peacfull atmosphere, I'll also vist the grave of my late Brother in Law, he's the one who got me in to this cycling lark!
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    songwriter wrote:

I have been doing my xmas shopping by bike... everyone's getting a small present this year :lol:
    Will probs try and get out early on if the weather's fine (and someone helps me to peel all the vegetables)
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • No - Don't be silly. I'll be on the ale like all right-minded people. Take a day off (literally) for Christ's sake!

BTW - Come Sunday?... I've got a DVD of Cum Sundae, but that's not a film suitable for festive family viewing. Not unless you live in Lowestoft where this type of activity is seen as a normal festive exchange of family chromasomes. It's either that or shag a dead fish - Pass me the ice cream.

Oh - I think I feel ill. Very sorry...
  • Oh - ademort. I've also got Shitty Titty Gang Bang, Jason and the Massive-Norks, and King Dong on DVD. Let me know if you fancy a borrow...
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    I might go for a brief pedal depending on how things are sitting :D
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    songwriter wrote:
    Never believe the weather forcasts, they always get it wrong. I woke up to see a widespread frost and it's still freezing.
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    Agreed - we've had thick fog all day at about 1C. Not a day for the bike :(
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Hi NINE STONE COWBOY, whatever the weather christmas day i am staying in. P.S. How quick can you send the DVDs. I can always cycle another day, thats if i am not sore down below. Greetings One very happy Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Boxing Day looks like being good for those in the southern half of the UK.
  • Sorry! :oops: I swear the forecast was sunny all over the UK. I really fancied going out today. :x
    The scent of these arm-pits is aroma finer than prayer
  • on the road
    It was sunny today, but it was cold.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I could not get out today but hope for a good session come boxing day although the weather looks grim for Scotland(whats new). I did an excellent run last boxing day and was surprised to see a few others out and a cross contry running race going on too.

It was nice to see that I was not just the only crazy person out there.
    Brian B.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    S'raining, no cycling today

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    dry but foggy here.

beer and turkey today!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Had an excellent ride on Christmas early morning - left house at 4.58 am - No wind (or virtually no wind) - pitch black although quite "warm" - roads were very greasy though - only saw 5 or 6 cars on a 10.2 mile loop, 1 jogger and a revler coming home - nice Avg at 15.4 mph - got off to a good start at 18.2 mph Avg for the first 4 or 5 miles - that got pegged back to the 15.4 by the end though - all in all, a very enjoyable ride, on deserted streets, with virtually no wind :)
  • on the road
    Well the warm weather's finally arrived, along with the rain :?
  • Had a excellent commute in on my bike today, a Giant SCR 3.0 that I scored for a right bargain! It was a combined bday (19th) and Xmas pressie from my parents - with me making up the small shortfall in funding!

Weather was OK, hardly any wind but the best bit? Little or NO traffic :-) Made my first ride down a rather big hill a bit more relaxing knowing I could bomb down in the middle of the road :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5