What a great community!

mooney13
mooney13 Posts: 25
edited December 2007 in MTB beginners
Just thought I'd say what a great community it is. I've recently started Mountain Biking and was stunned at how happy/chatty other bikers. Theres a friendly vibe from biker to biker. Up on my local trails the other day and found myself talking to a 60 yr old man for 30mins (I'm 15). Everywhere you go you get a friendly nod froom other cyclists. Its great! :D
What a headline "Iraqi head seaks arms" :-)

Comments

• il agree with this
    had my 1st time at the marin trail in north wales a couple of months ago
    me an 2 mates
    sum fella who had been doin mtb for a while had a good chat with us
    tips on bikes were to go etc etc
    top ppl
    met more but that was my 1st an defo not the last
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    There are some who ignore you when you say 'hi' though.
  • ***looks the other way and ignores this post***

:lol:
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Just like anywhere else. You'll get folk that are cool and folk that aren't. Encountered plenty of both over the years.
  • clas
    clas Posts: 187
    people are the same the world over. I find that the people who take themselves too seriously are too up themselves to be chatty, even if you are keeping up. Just cos you are racing doesnt mean you have to be all gritted teeth
    I remember one Polaris in the peak district climbing a hill, lungs hanging over the top tube, vision blurring struggling on and on my mate behind in the early stages of an asthma attack. noise from behind its the leaders Sheldon and Lehup. "hello lads Nice day for it!" I groan assent through foam flecked lips and watch the purple blotches passing over my sight as I continue the climb. just as they vanish from earshot I hear one say "anyway the sofa doesnt quite match the curtains......"
    didnt do my morale a great deal of good! and they absolutely blew everyone away on that event!
    I never touched it! It was broke when I got here.
  • ive only been biking for a year after a 20 year gap from bmxing.i bought it to loose a bit of weight.
    anyway i started going out on my local trails on my own and after a few weeks got talking to a couple of other riders who i'd nodded to the previous weekend.
    we go out most weekends now and theres about 10 of us .we have a good laugh and a few beers after.turned out to be good friends now.
    MADE IN LONDON