Focus Bikes

andyrs2k16v
andyrs2k16v Posts: 14
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
i am thinking of buying a Focus bike from wiggly not a name that everyone knows, but they give good value, any one bought one or anybody got a opinion on them, thanks in advance

Comments

• stumpym4
    stumpym4 Posts: 216
    I Had a Focus vairido earlier in the year as my first road bike .... I had it on wiggles 7 day trial .... The bike was excellent value and out standing quality , but i found the 52 cm too much of a stretch for me so it went back ......
    But i`m looking at another one for after christmas in a smaller size ...
    Hope this helps ?

Tony
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    On One 853 single speed
    Pinnacle Arkose 2 - cross bike
    Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - Bike packing bike
    Cube attain GTC Pro road bike - more relaxed road bike
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • I bought a Focus Cayo very recently from Wiggle. I'm very happy with it so far, although it is esentially a grey import, with no English owner's manual, or response from Wiggle's customer services dept when I asked about the warranty, although their website seems to have clarified this. I also asked which of the many numbers on the bike was the frame number. I believe it to be the one stamped onto the rear dropout, not the 2 numbers under the bottom bracket. I haven't tested this bike extensively yet, and I need to make some saddle adjustments, but it feels like a quality bike at a good price. A few less logo's and it'd look much nicer in my opinion.
  • I bought a Focus Cayo very recently from Wiggle. I'm very happy with it so far, although it is esentially a grey import, with no English owner's manual, or response from Wiggle's customer services dept when I asked about the warranty, although their website seems to have clarified this. I also asked which of the many numbers on the bike was the frame number. I believe it to be the one stamped onto the rear dropout, not the 2 numbers under the bottom bracket. I haven't tested this bike extensively yet, and I need to make some saddle adjustments, but it feels like a quality bike at a good price. A few less logo's and it'd look much nicer in my opinion.

You can always download one, though I think it is irriating not to be given a hard copy with the bike.

http://www.focusbikesuk.com/Focus-08-Manual.pdf
  • I bought a 2006 Variado last March, and its great! For the price it really is a great bike.

I got an English owners manual with mine, as well as all the shimano leaflets so it seems odd not to get one.

Time for a wheel upgrade though :)