Office Dares: how many points can you get?

popette
popette Posts: 2,089
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
One point office dares...

1) Run one lap around the office at top speed.
2) Groan out loud in the toilet cubicle (at least one other 'non-player' must be in the toilet at the time).
3) Ignore the first five people who say 'good morning' to you.
4) Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and say, "Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
5) To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your ears and grimace.
6) When someone hands you a piece of paper, finger it, and whisper huskily, "Mmmmmmm, that feels soooooo good!".
7) Leave your zip open for one hour. If anyone
points it out, say, "Sorry, I really prefer it this
way".
8) Walk sideways to the photocopier.
9) While riding in a lift, gasp dramatically every time the doors open.
10) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

Three point office dares...

1) Say to your boss, "I like your style" and shoot
him with double-barrelled fingers.
2) Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask, "Did you get all that, I don't want to have to repeat it".
3) Page yourself over the intercom (do not disguise your voice).
4) Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink
directly from the nozzle (there must be a 'non-player' within sight).
5) Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
6) Put your rubbish bin on your desk and label it
"IN."
7) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has got over his or her caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
8) Don't use any punctuation
9) As often as possible, skip rather than walk.

Five point office dares...

1) At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
2) Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
3) For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Bob".
4) Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "really have to go do a number two".
5) After every sentence, say 'Mon' in a really bad
Jamaican accent. As in "the report's on your desk, Mon". Keep this up for one hour.
6) While an office mate is out, move their chair into the lift.
7) In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your
forehead repeatedly and mutter, "Shut up, all of you just shut up!"
8) At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce, "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again".
9) In a colleague's diary, write in 10am: "See how I look in tights".
10) Carry your keyboard over to your colleague and ask "You wanna trade?".
11) Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person: "Do you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now".
12) Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say, "I can't talk about it".
13) Posing as a maitre d', call a colleague and tell
him he's won a lunch for four at a local restaurant. Let him go.
14) Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig etc) during a very important conference call.
15) Find the vacuum and start vacuuming around your desk.
16) Hang a two-foot long piece of toilet roll from
the back of your pants and act genuinely surprised when someone points it out.
17) Present meeting attendees with a cup of coffee and biscuit, smash each biscuit with your fist.
18) During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.
19) Arrange toy figures on the table to represent
each meeting attendee, move them according to the movements of their real-life counterparts.

Comments

• given the cartoon characters I'm currently working with, none of the above would raise an eyebrow :roll:
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...popette, come and work with me and we will try a few of these...I have no allies here... :cry: :roll:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • popette wrote:

I do that to poor Nickie that sits opposite me everyday. I still think it is funny, even though it has been going on for months.... I also hand her files and documents just to snatch them back at the last second.

I am an arse.......
  • Gary R
    Gary R Posts: 480
    we used to race around our office atrium on micro scooters,the best races were the 5 lap relay races! we also used to have a 9 hole putting course round the office using the holes in the floor that the cleaners plug the hoovers in.
    Champagne tastes,Lemonade pockets
  • popette wrote:
    One point office dares...

1) Run one lap around the office at top speed.
    2) Groan out loud in the toilet cubicle (at least one other 'non-player' must be in the toilet at the time).
    3) Ignore the first five people who say 'good morning' to you.
    4) Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and say, "Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
    5) To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your ears and grimace.
    6) When someone hands you a piece of paper, finger it, and whisper huskily, "Mmmmmmm, that feels soooooo good!".
    7) Leave your zip open for one hour. If anyone
    points it out, say, "Sorry, I really prefer it this
    way".
    8) Walk sideways to the photocopier.
    9) While riding in a lift, gasp dramatically every time the doors open.
    10) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

1) Say to your boss, "I like your style" and shoot
    him with double-barrelled fingers.
    2) Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask, "Did you get all that, I don't want to have to repeat it".
    3) Page yourself over the intercom (do not disguise your voice).
    4) Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink
    directly from the nozzle (there must be a 'non-player' within sight).
    6) Put your rubbish bin on your desk and label it
    "IN."
    7) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has got over his or her caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
    8) Don't use any punctuation
    9) As often as possible, skip rather than walk.

Five point office dares...

1) At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
    2) Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
    3) For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Bob".
    4) Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "really have to go do a number two".
    5) After every sentence, say 'Mon' in a really bad
    Jamaican accent. As in "the report's on your desk, Mon". Keep this up for one hour.
    6) While an office mate is out, move their chair into the lift.
    7) In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your
    forehead repeatedly and mutter, "Shut up, all of you just shut up!"
    8) At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce, "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again".
    9) In a colleague's diary, write in 10am: "See how I look in tights".
    10) Carry your keyboard over to your colleague and ask "You wanna trade?".
    11) Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person: "Do you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now".
    12) Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say, "I can't talk about it".
    13) Posing as a maitre d', call a colleague and tell
    him he's won a lunch for four at a local restaurant. Let him go.
    14) Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig etc) during a very important conference call.
    15) Find the vacuum and start vacuuming around your desk.
    16) Hang a two-foot long piece of toilet roll from
    the back of your pants and act genuinely surprised when someone points it out.
    17) Present meeting attendees with a cup of coffee and biscuit, smash each biscuit with your fist.
    18) During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.
    19) Arrange toy figures on the table to represent
    each meeting attendee, move them according to the movements of their real-life counterparts.

Absolutely brilliant. I'm struggling not to laugh out loud just reading these and imagining doing some of them around here :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • Gary R wrote:
    we used to race around our office atrium on micro scooters,the best races were the 5 lap relay races! we also used to have a 9 hole putting course round the office using the holes in the floor that the cleaners plug the hoovers in.

We used to do Micro Scooter Time Trials at the Shop in Silverstone.

This worked well until someone banked over too much in a turn, caught the edge of the scooter on the carpet and sort of high-sided, cracking his head open on the Glass Crash Helmet display.

Time trials were put on hold until the following day when usage of Motorsport full face crash helmets (off the display ;)) became manditory.

Nice and sensible......
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,593
    What is your line of business GB?

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • *snip* ... cracking his head open on the Glass Crash Helmet display.
    Glass crash helmets? Did you sell many? :?
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089

My husband tells me that blokes do this in the toilets at work anyway!
  • That is simply briliant - have just read them out to a couple of colleagues, and since its our last day tomorrow so we will be trying some out.

My favourite is the "see how I look in tights" diary entry and the page yourself on the intercom.
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    I just did an audible fart in our open plan area. How many points do I get?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    7) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has got over his or her caffeine addictions, switch to espresso..

I actually did this.

Our side of the office ran out of coffe so I went over to the other side and filled up our container with decaf.

Everyone had decaf for a a couple of weeks or so, no one noticed though. :?
    Mañana
  • Daniel B wrote:
    What is your line of business GB?

Dan

Used to sell Safety and Technical equipment for motorsport.....

And Not Glass Helmets.....Obviously...... That said, it just might work......
  • shazzz wrote:
    I just did an audible fart in our open plan area. How many points do I get?

In ours that would be none. You would get points for NOT farting, including the girlies....