Marmotte 2008 is now open for entries

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I just did :lol:
    My first European sportive. No idea how I'm getting there, or back, where I'm staying, or if I'll finish, but in the words of Paul Sherwen, I'm officially excited.
  • tonyscp
    tonyscp Posts: 111
    Hi,
    Has anyone actually managed to register for the Marmotte. I get as far as the payment page and when I click Valider it comes up with a page of HTML. Is it just me or is the site faulty?
    Cheers,
    Tony
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Tony,

Worked ok-ish for me. In that I have paid, recieved a confirmation email (not that simple but a long story) and am now on the database.

What browser are you using? Apparently it works best with I.E.
    Rich
  • vermooten
    I got the HTML in Firefox, was ok in IE.

Manchester Wheelers
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    I have entered in that I've paid and the money's come off my account but have yet to recieve email confirmation and my name's NOT on the list. Is it just a case of giving them more time?
  • vermooten
    It took a few days fo them to confirm to me.

Manchester Wheelers
  • tonyscp
    tonyscp Posts: 111
    Thanks for the replies. I've now tried using IE and have got to the stage where I think they've taken the mony. I've ntered the Vaujanay and the Marmotte - can't wait.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I might still be able to make this one.
    Has anyone found cheap hotel on Alp De Huiz?
    Cheap flights ?
  • APIII
    Just had a look on Easyjet and flight out to Lyon on Thursday coming back Sunday is £113 including the bike. I got an email from them offering £10 discount on any flight with the code UKNY08 if that helps.
    Also had a look at Europcar for 3 days car hire which works out at £90 (£80 if paid upfront) which doesn't seem bad. Not had much luck with hotels, but guess it's too early for that.
  • clanton
    Still not recieved confirmation! Has everyone else got their confirmation email? I've searched for my name on their database - not sure which is my "lastname" as oppopsed to my "surname" but neither combination brings me up!
    Will email them later when I can check the receipt stuff I printed off from the entry.
  • APIII
    not got my confirmation through yet either, but the money's gone from my account. guess it's just the fact it's Xmas and they may have a backlog to deal with. shouldn't worry too much
  • clanton
    Just got my confirmation!