Ouch

woodgob
woodgob Posts: 96
edited December 2007 in Commuting chat
Came off this morning - frost on road and just slightly braked to slow down on slight descent. Back wheel went completely from under me. Landed on coccyx and skidded 15 feet.
Gore Phantom ruined but as for by butt - well, lets just say it's far easier to stand up. After a lifetime of riding I have to say that this is the second most painful injury I've had - the most painful being the crash that resulted from my trying to do the biggest jump in the world on my Tomahawk using a ramp made from plywood and bricks. Anyway - think I'll be swerving the commute while roads are frosty. Slicks and frost/ice - not a good combination. :cry:

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...woodgob...whoops , sorry to hear this. Two wheels and ice, not a good combination...hope the bruise is'nt too dramatic...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Disappointingly I can't see anything. I was hoping for a John-Noakes-falling-out-of-a-bobsleigh-on-Blue-Peter type bruise. I sneezed earlier and nearly cr*pped myself with the pain. But alas no.....I have no evidence to support my discomfort! Dammit.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I chickened out this week - monday too icy, then work commitments until thurs will mean I'm not commuting till friday, but if it's icy I wont - had some nasty falls myself, and don't fancy it before Christmas - the wife would ensure I ended up in hospital if I did !