2008 - I can't wait for.........

popette
popette Posts: 2,089
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
Spring mornings. Waking up with the sun coming through the gap in the curtains and dressing for a ride in only shorts and a short sleeve jersey. Riding with the sun on my back. Having the option of starting a ride at 6am thus reducing time away from the family. Packing away the turbo.

what about you?

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...oh yes, cycling is much more pleasent when it's warmer...but on the other hand I don't mind a cold ride. The challange...feeling like a hard man arriving at work when every else is whingeing and complaining... 8) :)
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    ...my new ride to be finished. I have a frame, forks, stem and bars so far. A little way to go but it'll be ready for a trip to the Alps in the summer 8)
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    One thing I like about the Jan/Feb reliability rides is that, riding to the starts, for the first couple I'm leaving home in darkness, but as the series progresses the mornings get lighter earlier each week and it's a nice reminder of the approach of the spring (even if the day itself is cold and overcast).
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    My new frame. Got an email from the shop on Friday saying it was in and could I pay the balance. Talk about timing, it's the week before xmas, I'm skint :cry:
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Working my way up through my bikes until I get to my "bestest bike" as the weather progressively improves.
    I'm also looking forward to getting fitter - must stop eating dark-chocolate covered biscuits :oops:
    Oh yeah, teaching mini-McBain to ride along on his bike :D
    Riding my first "sportive" and lots of other challenge rides as well.
    Attempting to get some semblance of a cycling sun-tan 8)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • ...my week in April cycling in Majorca - an est 600+ miles in 7 days...bring it on 8)
  • The Tour!

Surely we are due a cracker with a genuine winner......And NO scandal. Please No more scandal!
  • Eventually finding time to fix the bike now that my body has self-repaired following a bit of a spill in September, since when I've not ridden.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    New bike in Spring, and a 3 months holiday before returning to university after my placement hopefully getting plenty of riding done.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Holiday in Austria :lol: . Note to self . Must lose fat :shock: in order to get up mountains. :wink:
    bagpuss
  • All I care about is the 6th of jan, 1800hrs when I will be on the plane to the Maldives from Gatwick Airport. No riding there, but plenty of sun bathing, swimming in the sea and snorkelling, I can`t wait ! Hope I get a tan that lasts a few weeks !
    Only 20 days to go....................
    And on the 7th day...............
    God created...........
    THE BIKE
  • My weeks holiday in the Alps with the mountain bike in July...might even get the chance to pop up the road and watch the tour boys haul themselves up Duez!

The Wild Wales, Mr Lloyds Mega Challenge and the Gran Fondo Cymru.

A cold beer on a warm day while I sit and contemplate the miles I've done and the miles I have left before I get home.

Bacon sarnies on the deck at Llandegla.

Most of all watching my four month old baby girl grow and learn. Getting out on the bike is great....coming home to the family is better!!
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • dunno really. Prolly not getting a new bike but may be getting some wheels. :? Urrm just being fit and healthy and riding lots and ejoying it I guess with the view that in 6 months time me and the monkey may be able to afford our own place or bu66er off to oz for a year!

Gats
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    I can't wait to start eating properly in the New Year. Tomorrow I have my first real food for nearly 8 months. In 12 weeks I'll be on a normal diet and I'll have a few months to train hard for my attempt at l'Alpe d'Huez.

At the moment I'm just doing a training run at the weekends of a few laps or Richmond Park plus the daily commute to work. None of this is really helping me get fit, but I can't really do any more as I don't have enough energy.

Once I start upping my protien and carb intake I can start training for longer and actually start to build muscle. I've lost a hell of a lot of weight. I'm nearly half my old size. Unfortunately this has come at a cost of losing muscle mass which needs to come back.

2008 will be the year I consolidate my fitness and remain healthy.
  • guinea what ar eyou recovering from?

Gats
  • Warm weather, new bike.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Cycling in Murcia in May and riding the Dragon after missing this years due to injury / motivational issues. Oh and also getting Mrs C onto a road bike (my excuse for buying a winter bike is that it's her summer bike).
    You hear that? He's up there... mewing in the nerve centre of his evil empire. A ground rent increase here, a tax dodge there? he sticks his leg in the air, laughs his cat laugh... and dives back down to grooming his balls!
  • webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    edited January 2008
    A new Bike with a gps cycling computer
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Don't wish your life away folks. Live for the moment. Embrace the cold weather and lack of daylight

...I'll get me coat :oops:
    I have pain!
  • ivancarlos wrote:
    Don't wish your life away folks. Live for the moment. Embrace the cold weather and lack of daylight

The cold weather tends to embrace me, whether I like it or not. Still, feeling virtuous to be getting the miles in regardless.

Looking forward to the days getting longer again - starting in 3 days' time :D
  • I want rid of this dastardly cold so I can get back on my bike.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Forgot to mention... pay rise in March :lol:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • starting a new job 2/1/08.. within cycling distance!! 20 miles each way :):)
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    ivancarlos wrote:

Never mind the weather. Embrace your credit card and get that new bike now. :D
  • Hopefully a new job :D ....which means a new full suss MTB sooner rather than later[crosses fingers for interview next month].Longer rides once we get more daylight and tougher routes on my MTB....bring it on! :twisted: :lol:
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • La Marmotte, and improving my TT times without exception

finally getting my fixed bike
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Getting the keys to our new house,
    Building my dream workshop at the bottom of the garden,
    my wedding day,
    my wedding present (hopefully a new bike)
    maybe not in that order of importance but in that order chronologically
    bring on the new year!

Cf
  • I am hoping to beat 374.58 from last yr, and try to go out more
  • First crack at a proper continental climb (Mt Ventoux in July), and first sportive (hopefully the Fred Whitton if I'm lucky enough to get a place).
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Getting superfit
    Riding in the dry
    The Etape
    Cutting out the booze