Good ride, Bad tempered

songwriter
songwriter Posts: 109
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
Does anyone find themselves getting bad tempered really quickly on a day when they have done a long ride?

Does your body get used to you asking it to cough up 1800 extra cals?

It's happened everyday I've gone out on a long ride. (3 times)[/code]
The scent of these arm-pits is aroma finer than prayer

Comments

• JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    I'm totally the opposite - By Saturday I'm foaming at the mouth - Until I get out on the road!

I'm no doctor, but I wonder if you're suffering from some sort of sugar level issues?
    When I get hungry, I get irritable - Which I put down to the caveman in me needing to chase down my next meal - fortunately normally at the local supermarket these days!
    (Pesky rabbits hopping around in front of me as I tear downhill excepted).
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    Me i'm happy and relaxed. JW might have a point - do you take on (eat) plenty of carbs before you go?
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • so weird you should post that but I noticed the same thig that yesterday after my ride I was properly irrititable despit having a really good ride. Was short tempered and dismissive. Yeah I was hungry but even then I couldn't really be bothered too eat.

Happens alot to me.

Gats
  • Thanks for the reply's. I wonder what it is? Recently I have been getting grumpy at the second I feel hungry, And a long ride makes it 5 times worse. I think my doctor would say it's because I'm getting fit and losing weight fast. I'll monitor it.
  • so weird you should post that but I noticed the same thig that yesterday after my ride I was properly irrititable despit having a really good ride. Was short tempered and dismissive. Yeah I was hungry but even then I couldn't really be bothered too eat.

Happens alot to me.

Gats
    Thats it. We are the same brother :D
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    My dads diabetic and when he's not eaten enough and blood sugar is low he gets really grumpy and snappy, to the point where you can't do anything right at all, so poss worth getting checked out at the docs if you think you have any other symptons that might fit.
  • OnTow
    OnTow Posts: 130
    Dude, are you sure you're not my wife under a pseudonym?
    Are you always hanging off the back moaning about the leaking washing machine and getting lost? :lol:
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    At this time of year, I get really angry while I'm out - Cyclist's Tourette's really. Then when I'm home and warmed up, I'm all chilled out. Nice.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I get properly grumpy when I'm hungry and always feed well before, during and after long rides.