Wooo New Bike

monkeysm8
monkeysm8 Posts: 191
edited December 2007 in XC and Enduro
Roll on next Saturday!! Just bought myself an 08 Gary Fisher hookooekoo, to replace my current xc bike (Kona lavadome that's been upgraded with parts over 4 years). I was going round in circles about what bike to get should I build up from scratch etc. I was torn between the Kona Caldera and the Spesh Rockhopper but the didn't give me that wow factor. My missus has a GF Wahoo that I bought her 3 years ago and it's a great bike to ride, so that's what made me think ahhhhh I wonder and et voila.

Comments

• Not long now 'til you get it!
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Almost like its christmas! Oh hold on a minute.....
  • Picked it up today :D After I got rid of all that reflector gubbins and the bell (wtf is with that law :lol: ) I went for a short ride and..... Omfg I love it! It feels so much more responsive and gets the power down quicker than my Konas did. The sram kit is gonna take some getting used to (always been shimano) Going to Hamsterley tomorrow to break it in :D
  • miket-62
    miket-62 Posts: 227
    Have a good ride and report back to us eh!? :wink:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Always good when you get that wow factor from a new ride, puts a bit of enthusiasm backing inot riding :D
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • To put your mind at rest you did the right thing to avoid the Caldera. The rides great but it's going to cost me what i paid for it to shave a few pounds off the weight. 29 lbs aint fun after a while.

so if you see Santa tell him i want new forks, wheels, drivetrain, saddle and cockpit :wink:

Have fun on the GF
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • teacherman wrote:
    To put your mind at rest you did the right thing to avoid the Caldera. The rides great but it's going to cost me what i paid for it to shave a few pounds off the weight. 29 lbs aint fun after a while.

so if you see Santa tell him i want new forks, wheels, drivetrain, saddle and cockpit :wink:

Have fun on the GF

I'm not sure how heavy the GF is but I think it's plenty light enough for me. My steely Kona was light and this thing is lighter :shock: I can bunny hop a lot easier too on it :lol:
    pmsl @ the Santa comment
  • Well I did the red/blue/black route Laughing I have to say though HOW MUCH CLIMBING?!?!?!?!?! :lol: My little leggys where crying at one point and I had to get off. The black stuff was great 8) I have to admit though I did get a smidge lost (only a bit :lol: I think i missed a sign) The tearooms being shut where a major downer though Sad
    On the whole though I will be back (hopefully going the right way :lol: )