What is this hill?

robklancs
robklancs Posts: 498
Does anyone know the name of this hill in the trough of bowland? Its between 30 and 35 miles on the map, and is between dunsop bridge going over to marshaw (direction Lancaster). It goes over 1000ft, doing it tomorrow morning!

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... r/40497766

Comments

• vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    It kicks ass both ways - from Quermore its a nasty bugger, totally great. I can't remember its name but sign up for the Pendle Pedal sportive next August and experience its might in the hot sunshine.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    On the map it has Sykes Fell to the left and Brennand Fell to the right, you're going through the col between.

Dunno, didn't think it that bad on the Pendle in August - there were plenty of others that were !
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Everybody I know just calls it The Trough. It is much harder from the Dunsop Bridge side - about 17% - 18% for some distance.

The climb mentioned by vermooten from the crossroads at Quernmore is pretty tough too, probably harder than The Trough.

It's one of my favourite cycling areas but I'm not sure I'd fancy it at this time of year :? !

As for The Pendle Pedal - see this thread. On that we tackled The Trough from its easier side.