Hard & Easy commute days ?

Tariq
Tariq Posts: 55
edited December 2007 in Commuting chat
I cycle the same route often and I have noticed that about 2/10 times the ride is easy and I really get a move on, on the other 8 occassions it is noticeably harder. I have been riding this route for so long that I can rule out windy conditions.

Is it down to muscle pysiology, nutrition or is it all in the mind ?

Comments

• It's probably a combination of things.

Some of it could be psychological, but it's more likely to be physiological - a combination of food, drink and sleep.

I had a couple of bottles of beer on Tuesday with the football (literally only 2 bottles of miller, so nothing strong) and my legs felt it in the morning.
    mrBen

"Carpe Aptenodytes"
    JediMoose.org
  • Also how you feel and hence perform on the treader determined by

1)Kids
    2)Sleep
    3)Nearest and Dearest
    4)Football
    5)Work stuff
    6)Fluids

a list that is not static, not prioritsed and may be linked to each other.

I can be a slug and proud whever I want to...sing it (to the tune of Clout's early seventies hit Substitute)
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...I find it an ebb and flow of energy levels... the seasons effect me, the weather, and the time of day, how hard I have been working, sleep, booze, what I have eaten and my state of mind...I really am a very finely balanced bit of kit you know! :lol:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • A - W
    A - W Posts: 253
    I have noticed this, sometimes you can fly into work and others you cant.

Many different factors other have mentioned I think will count most days.

You just have to remember to enjoy it, even on them windy days. :lol:
    FCN 10
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    A - W wrote:
    You just have to remember to enjoy it, even on them windy days. :lol:

I am hoping that the headwind that made my commute so miserable this morning is still blowing in the same direction this evening - a good tailwind will do wonders for a jaded spirit.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    WD40 or GT80.

Does absolutely nothing for the bike, but makes you feel like it does, its a good placebo to make those legs whir a bit easier.