Sportive on Sunday in Cumbria

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
Yep it's the Cumbrian Christmas Cracker: http://www.epicevents.org/product.php?xProd=4&xSec=1

Gonna be a cold one and I gots to be honest I might wuss out. According to metcheck it'll be -4 in the morning but will feel like -9.

Anyone else fancy freezing their nuts off in the name of keeping it real?
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    vermooten wrote:
    it'll be -4 in the morning but will feel like -9.

:shock:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anyone else fancy freezing their nuts off in the name of keeping it real

Did this today, nuts were ok but my feet were frozen! overshoes, three pairs of socks one supposedly thermal but made little difference. I also made the mistake of choosing my flat bar road bike from the two I took because being terrible at descents I was worried about ice (but it was fine) and because of this suffered with cramp on the final long climb and had to walk up whilst at least twenty riders passed me.

Anyway never mind it was enjoyable in a kind of agonising way and the christmas puddings at the end tasted wonderful
    Christmas pudding for all riders to help you warm up.

So thanks to the organisers Marc and Paul for being brave enough to organise a sportive in late December. I have been scaring myself to death this evening reading details of the Lakeland Loop in April, as I will be 50 by then maybe I should volunteer to hand out easter eggs instead. :)
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Well done cumbriamike! I am not worthy.

I was saved by a cold developing in my throat and chest, so clearly I was unable to ride. Good excuse right?
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Well done! I live in the lake's and did a quick 30 miler and I was frozen and couldn't wait to get home bitterly cold..
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Same as cumbrianmike - feet went numb after about 1/2 hour - spent the rest of the ride wingeing to myself and anyone else who would listen. But route stunning and I also stopped on the last climb with cramp - but the views were stunning over windermere. Superb route - would like to do it in spring or summer!!