I'm so happy...

ChrisLS
ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
edited December 2007 in Commuting chat
...been off the bike for the last 3 days as I don't ride when there is ice. Anyway back on today...why, after nearly 25 years of cycle commuting did I feel like an excited kid this morning getting the bike out and riding into work... :lol::D:lol:
...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...

Comments

• Cos it's good for your soul.
    Last week was really bad for me, only used the bicycle twice, howling wind and rain. I don't mind the cold, and it was only the side roads that hadn't been treated that were really any concern this week, so have commuted everyday. Last week I was a bit of a Grouch, this week I'm not, funny that :-D
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • I has the snip 2 weeks ago and decided to wait untill next next Monday before hitting the saddle.....I cant bloody wait
  • Mr Chrispy wrote:
    I has the snip 2 weeks ago

TMI :-D
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    with party season on us, I'm not able to cycle anywhere near as much as I'd like....
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    mrchrispy wrote:
    I has the snip 2 weeks ago and decided to wait untill next next Monday before hitting the saddle.....I cant bloody wait

feck i was off my bike for 3 weeks, hope ur saddle is comfy :p
  • MrGrumpy wrote:
    mrchrispy wrote:
    I has the snip 2 weeks ago and decided to wait untill next next Monday before hitting the saddle.....I cant bloody wait

feck i was off my bike for 3 weeks, hope ur saddle is comfy :p

Otherwise you'll bloody return.....
    mrBen

"Carpe Aptenodytes"
    JediMoose.org
  • I know what the original poster means! I've been working at a local site for the past week or 2 so my commute to work has been about 2 miles! All done and dusted in about 10 minutes!
    I know I could go the long way, but it just hasn't really been the weather for it!

Imagine my delight yesterday when my manager said I'd be needed on a site up London yesterday, meaning I get a 10 mile commute! Luckily it was slightly warmer this morning :-) and to top it off it's one of my favorite sites, being just of Shaftsbury Avenue it's in a really interesting and vibrant area :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • A - W
    A - W Posts: 253
    Not been on my bike much for the last week or so with the weather. :cry:

Car needs stuff doing to it so not biking Tues/Wed. Cant wait for Thursday. :D
    FCN 10
  • Shame on me, I'm still using the car as I keep making excuses that I need it lunch time.
    TBH I'm just being lazy :(
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...mrchrispy...shame, shame, shame :cry::cry: :? ...now do you feel really bad? :wink: ...get on that bike... :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • My boyfriend's wimped out of cycling since the temp dropped. He looks at me hopefully in the morning saying 'you're not cycling today are you?' in the hope that I'll say no and make him feel better...of course I'm usually putting on my winter cycling gear so it doesn't work...

I like this cold crisp weather; it's just the wind that I really don't like.
  • Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    I had to get the train yesterday to my works Christmas do and it was awful. Why people choose to wait on a platform for ages only for the train to turn up late and then pay to stand on a hot crowed train full of sniffing ill people god only knows!

Needless to say I'm back on the bike this morning. :)
    It's all good.
  • I fully understand what you mean about the trains, and public transport in general!! i hated when I had to get up to London, taking a train and then the dreaded tube!!! Not fun, especially considering I had 1 hand outta action to a bike accident :-( I think I only got a seat on the train because I got on the stop after it started and as for the tube......there was no chance of getting a seat - in fact your lucky if you had room to breathe!

Driving is pointless in London as you spend most of the time in traffic - in fact I quite enjoyed getting from Russell Square to Aldwych in about 5 minutes yesterday - that same stretch in my car duing the afternoon could take upwards of 20-30 minutes!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5