any advice ?

sleepydanny
sleepydanny Posts: 5
edited December 2007 in MTB beginners
has anyone got any advice for a first time buyer trying to get into mtb. ive done a lot of reading and research but any advice on bikes/ tips would be really helpful thanks :D

Comments

• There's a wealth of knowledge on here - so you have come to the best place!

What specifically do you want to learn/find out....... bikes in general, riding styles etc?

Well at least you know now that its a hardtail you'll be needin' :wink:

ALSO: look in the stickies - theres lots of info in there too
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Also what budget?! The more you can tell us about yourself, your ideas, what you want from the sport, where you are going to ride etc, the better we can tailor the advice to you.
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    also set your budget as high as you can. With the right choice you get what you pay for in the world of MTB.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • im looking at going to chicksands with my friends to ride also im very intrested in just riding some trails. i used to dirt jump BMX so i would also like to give jumping anougher go. my budget is £2000.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A jump bike will never be a good bike on the trails, as the are specifically designed for their cause.

This is a very large budget! I would be tempted to split it into two bikes, a 500 quid dirt jump bike and a 1500 quid trail bike.