First pair of overshoes........

davidmiller
davidmiller Posts: 320
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
........ just got them and eventually got them on. What palava - is there any secret cos otherwise they are going to add about 10 mins each way to my journey.

I never even considered that they would n't open at the front !!!!

Cheers,

David

Comments

• The secret might be 'once they are on, don't take them off' :)

I only peel mine far enough to undo the top two velcro bits on the shoe, which lets me get the shoes on and off. Replacing the overshoe before going out is then just a case of 'unpeeling' the back bit into the proper place and doing up the velcro/zips depending on whichever you have. I find this much easier than taking them totally on and off, but it might be harder to do if you have lace-up shoes.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Mine were tricky to get on at first, but I now take them on and off twice a day with no troubles.

Takes about 30 seconds per shoe, if that.

i thikn you'll find once they have been on the shoe for a period of time, and been on and off a few times, they stretch a bit, and so are easier to do.

I put my hand in the shoe, and use the other hand to grip the overshoe and drag it onto the shoe.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Go for the 'peel em back as far as the 2nd strap' method and leave them on your shoes until March!
  • that's what I did today and it was ok I suppose (bah humbug!!)

Thanks,

David
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    get proper waterproof shoes and use them through winter...

I find overshoes nip into my ankle/calf too much
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • zoggz
    zoggz Posts: 58
    hi ive got the planet x ones and they go on very easy.ithink that they are sitll doing a deal - OVERSHOES,GLOVES AND BEANIE FOR 25 SQUID.. check this out

http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/triathlon/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=259