A real Billy Braincell.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited December 2007 in Campaign
As i live in the Netherlands i am used to seeing the out of the ordinary, two people on a bike, three people on a bike(yes really) and its not illegal either. So this evening while cycling to my pysiotherapist i picked up, in the distance with my led cycle lamp the most reflective cycling suit i have ever seen, instantly recognisable as being an employee from the Dutch post office. The bicycle had two huge cycle panniers which were also bright orange with very broad scotchlite reflective trim. However as i approched this cyclist it was plain to see that his rear light was not working, as i got closer his front light was not working either so i said "" hey mate your back light aint working, ' he looked at me and said yeh i havent got the dynamo on because its too hard to pedal . So i said its no good having all that reflective suit and bags if you dont use your lights. His reply was simple, "' if you cant see me in this you shouldnt be on the road''As i said a real Billy Braincell
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    Sorry ademort - were you referring to him or yourself? :)
    Hi it,s only my opinion,but when an employer gives an employee a bright orange work jacket and pants with hi-viz reflective trim and cycle panniers idem-dito, then its beyond me that employee feels that lights are not required because (everybody can see me). It does defeat the object, and is breaking the law. But feel free to voice your opinion.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    ademort wrote:
    Hi it,s only my opinion,but when an employer gives an employee a bright orange work jacket and pants with hi-viz reflective trim and cycle panniers idem-dito, then its beyond me that employee feels that lights are not required because (everybody can see me). It does defeat the object, and is breaking the law. But feel free to voice your opinion.

When I read your first post, I thought your were being self depracating and amusing. Your 2nd post implies that you are up your own bottom. I take it that you are a H&SAW inspector. You could see the bike - job done.
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    gavintc wrote:
    ademort wrote:

When I read your first post, I thought your were being self depracating and amusing. Your 2nd post implies that you are up your own bottom. I take it that you are a H&SAW inspector. You could see the bike - job done.

:lol:
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Hi these bikes are fitted with top quality dynamo lighting that work very well,and IMO it was just down to laziness on the part of the postie. He was going home from work at the time so had no excess baggage on board. What really annoys me is that most of us, and i include members on this forum go out of there way to buy good reflective clothing, quality lights and generally ride in a safe and sesnible manner, despite that, there are some motorists who hate cyclists, just read some of the letters on this forum.and its people like this postie who will continue to give us a bad name.As i wrote earlier, if you are going to wear a bright scotchlite reflective suit and then not bother to switch on your lights then you are defeating the object. Its OMO, but do you know what i mean. Greetings Ademort.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura