How many miles have you done..?

webbhost
webbhost Posts: 470
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
This year?

I did some quick calculations, and I have figured I have done in excess of 2050 Miles.

Shocking how it all adds up..

What have you people done this year?

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    as you say, the mileage soon adds up week on week etc. I've done around 10,500 miles so far this year.Alot of this is commuting mileage, it's a great way of getting out on the bike whatever the weather, and just becomes a good habit.I usually do a longish ride on a sunday, around 60-100 miles depending on how I feel / commitments etc.I don't train as such, don't do specific training drills or bother with heart moniters etc.Although I would probably be fitter/ faster if I did. :D I just enjoy being out on the bike in the fresh air. 8)
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    I don't commute and only started about june, and had a 3 week break in august, so am quite pleased with my 712 miles :D
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I do a mixture of commuting and random rides, only started at the end of June, had quite a reasons for being off the bike, but still managed just over 2000 miles in my first 5 months on the bike.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    probably around 1500 miles but i was out for 3 months injured and only got my bike in may
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    edited December 2007
    According to my bike log I've recorded 5,702miles my new road bikes only done 1022 since June :oops: wanted to do more but I had an injury and I take the Sirrus out in bad weather.
  • webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    Darn.... I need to get out on my bike more.

Granted alot of mine was commuting too (6 miles per day).

Trouble I have right now is I dont know the roads very well so I;m stuck on specific roads lol.

Guess I could always get GPS and go exploring ... make biking more fun AND clock up the miles. weee
  • willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    hmm for me...

Running - 406 miles so far, and that was mainly from the start of the year, did to much and injured myself...

many months break and cycling now... so

Riding 540miles so far (started riding a couple months ago, 40miles been my longest so far)

If i include the walking ive done, im over 1000miles already, but will break the 1000 miles thats for sure just on running/biking

Hmm wonder how much ive done swimming, about 1k lol :)
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/
    The scent of these arm-pits is aroma finer than prayer
  • about 9,000 but its only that low cos I didn't start until May cos I was snowboarding :P

Gats
  • took up cycling again after an abcence of 16 yrs, was 21st 11lbs in august now 17st 9, want to get down to 15 st. 1,200 miles since the start of august, mostly road miles but have also found mtb at glentress excelent fun, i have even tried one cyclocross event in glenrothes but it almost killed me so i will wait till i have lost a bit more weight. unfortunately had a bit of a spil on tuesday morning on the ice, so i wont be out for a week or so, Does anyone else find that cycling is addictive, i feel depressed if i cant get our after 2 days.
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    bigfellie wrote:
    Does anyone else find that cycling is addictive, i feel depressed if i cant get our after 2 days.

see here :lol:
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Well it's only 240 miles for me. I just started commuting about 2 months ago (and i've been slacking). Next year it's gonna be thousands!
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    bigfellie wrote:
    took up cycling again after an abcence of 16 yrs, was 21st 11lbs in august now 17st 9, want to get down to 15 st. 1,200 miles since the start of august, mostly road miles but have also found mtb at glentress excelent fun, i have even tried one cyclocross event in glenrothes but it almost killed me so i will wait till i have lost a bit more weight. unfortunately had a bit of a spil on tuesday morning on the ice, so i wont be out for a week or so, Does anyone else find that cycling is addictive, i feel depressed if i cant get our after 2 days.

Goan yersel big man. Shed those kilos!

Definitely addictive. I get really tetchy if I don't get out.

BTW, I nearly took a spill on the ice on Monday. I had one hand on the bars; the other was signalling to the white van man behind me (probably on his phone) that I was turning right. He decided "f*ck that" and overtook me as I started my turn at the crossroads. Happy not to be dead, I was about to give him a salute, when the front wheel went out on a patch of ice and I had to attend to staying upright. Ironically, if he hadn't overtaken me, I would probably have gone under his wheels. Strange thing, road safety.

Still addicted though, regardless!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Since buying the bike bk in september laast yr i have done about 25118.8.

24809.06 just commuting and general stuff shopping and things
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Since buying the bike bk in september laast yr i have done about 25118.8.

24809.06 just commuting and general stuff shopping and things
    That's shockingly high :shock:

I've done just 5034 miles.
  • Bike Journal (www.bikejournal.com) tells me that this year I've covered 2776 miles but of that 2367 have been done since I got bitten by the cycling bug hard and bought my Somec Titano and 1936 of those miles have been on said Ti steed. Next year's target is 6500 including a week in Majorca and a 3 day 250 mile mini-tour from Yorkshire to South Wales
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    pass 5,000 tomorrow :lol:

I'll try and get another 200 to get 100/week average but suspect I'll miss it
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>
  • I'm pretty low with my odometer showing only 1450 miles since last August. I've had a couple of periods of medium-length illness this year though and now I'm through that I'm racking up the miles.

Hope to have a much better number this time next year!
  • A paltry 1275 miles since I started using bikelogs in August, mostly commuting, and probably 1200 commuting before that (shorter route before I got a road bike).
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    Some where around 2180 ish commuting only miles :D Ive not had a leisure ride yet...
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    3-4000 mile :)
  • somewhere around 4000 too. Would have been higher if I hadn't injured my back on the trampoline though........ :cry:
    If only the legs were as good as the bike....
  • Between 3400-3600 miles. Not done much last couple of weeks, man flu then crap weather!
  • I'll end up doing just short of 6000 logged miles this year . Really should get a computer for the mountain bike then I'd do more !
    Luke
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    probably around 4500. I was in New Zealand for all of Jan though

Tattoos mean I can't cycle for a week at a time either... had a few more of those
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • I'm around 4-5000, as my computer has been playimg up. I roughly do 100 +/- a few miles a week.

At the start of the year I was commuting but I am at uni now.

I have my eyes on the new garmin edge so next year I should have an accurate log :D
  • Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    A little over 4000 miles this year. No excuse’s, I only ride a 100 miles a week. I'll be aiming to do more like 6000 next year after joining a club.
    It's all good.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    By golly, most people on here have done more miles on a bike this year than I've done in my car...
  • Massimo
    Massimo Posts: 318
    I'm on 5634.2 miles as of this morning....If we get some decent weather over Christmas I should get past the 6000 mile barrier. As I'm on the Ride2Work scheme, brand new year = brand new bike!!!

(For sale 52cm Cannondale R800, 12 months old, done 6000 miles....)
    Crash 'n Burn, Peel 'n Chew
    FCN: 2
  • rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    About 10,500. Half commuting, the rest racing, sportives, training.