32 hole small flange track hub

big R
big R Posts: 38
edited December 2007 in Road general
anyone know where i can get a good one not too pricy - needs to be a rear one as well

thanks

Comments

• peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    i almost always say 'sjs', but the small flange thing has me foxed.

i am sure formula make some.
  • how about this? i have a pair waiting to go on my fixie project, as luck would have it they only have rear small flange left

http://www.on-one.co.uk/index.php?modul ... on=107:107

cf
  • big R
    thanks -

yep the on-one hub was the only one i could find - does it look any good, can you service them yourself or are they all sealed up?

anyone got any experience of them?
  • hello haven't actually used them yet (am waiting for rims) they feel lovely have sealed cartridge bearings (replaceable) and very minimal branding, seem to spin very smoothly and can't wait to try them properly.
    Cf
  • Dustine
    Dustine Posts: 184
    I will post again on those hubs after the weekend- my fix suddenly started having the sprocket move on the way to work on monday, which i am guessing means either the lock ring is slightly loose and under hard acceleration is shifting forward, then hard braking (with the legs) is shifting back, or the threads are stripping!!! Havent had chance to take it apart, thats a job for the weekend, but if its the latter i wont be very happy. If its just a loose sprocket that will be ok... other than that, i can endorse that they are fantastic looking hubs, seem well sealed, and have been running through mud and water on my daily commute for months without any other problems (even being submerged in the floods. But i will post back my findings when ive inspected them...
  • big R
    Dustine - have you checked over your hub yet ?

hows it looking
  • Dustine
    Fortunately the threads are fine, so a ringing endorsement for the On-One hubs from me!!! I had a heck of a job removing the lock ring, but the sprocket just unscrewed by hand, so i think it was a small amount of movement from the sprocket. I tightened it back on really thoughroughly and it was fine on the way to work today. So, great set of hubs, they have my recommendation, especially at that price!!!! Oh, the track nuts have gone a bit rusty with all the bad weather usage, but thats about the worst i can say.
  • glad to hear this can't wait to build up my hubs into wheels and try them out, have a feeling that Christmas, new year, moving into my new house and getting married will get in the way,
    cf
  • Dustine
    I sometimes wonder, if i didnt ride my bike to work, if i would get to ride it at all!!!! Anyhow, good luck with the wheel build- im awaiting the arrival of a s/h Campag hub off ebay, to go with the rim i bought, so i can do my first 'proper' wheel build. Up until now ive been practicing dismantling a wheel then building it up again, but now i want a go at the real thing!!!! All good clean fun....