My first tatoo. What piccy?

deanvw
deanvw Posts: 412
edited January 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Ok. I am soon going to get a tatoo done, but not sure on the design.

I was thinking mayb

Mint Sauce?

i1444534_gggg.JPG

Comments

• No,

will be very rubbish in 20 years time. Get something much cooler,
  • deanvw
    What would you suggest?
  • mr_hippo
    mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
    I am not a fan ot tattoos - no matter how 'tastefully' done but may I make a suggestion?
    A ship's anchor with a 'W' superimposed so you will have a 'W' in front of anchor!
  • deanvw
    HA HA lol!

I was thinking MTB related...
  • Just remember that whatever you have done, still needs to look reasonably okay when all the muscle has gone and you're getting wrinkly! :lol:
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Whats wrong with Mint he's stood the test of time so far I've been having a similar thought myself! Maybe a stylised hill actoss your lower back with a sillouette of a rider going up it? Whatever you get make sure its what you want as they say it'll be with you forever
  • deanvw wrote:
    What would you suggest?
    I'd suggest not doing it. I have a tattoo I got done twenty years ago and hate the poxy thing... A lot can change in twenty years, and even if you're still into MTBs by then you'll pretty certainly be sick to death of looking at that bloody picture on your skin!
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • jbford
    jbford Posts: 101
    Missy Giove has Road Runner on one ankle and Wyle Coyote on the other! I always thought that was an awesome idea. But then as above it's got to stand the test of time!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    jbford wrote:
    Missy Giove has Road Runner on one ankle and Wyle Coyote on the other! I always thought that was an awesome idea. But then as above it's got to stand the test of time!

Kind of like paying for Looney Toons to advertise on your body. It normally works like, they pay you for the space.

I think you're going through a phase. :roll:
  • jbford
    jbford Posts: 101
    I should have embelleshed!

I found that out when I was 16, I'm now 29. The phase has definately gone, long gone. Hence the 'it's got to stand the test of time'.

Still if your as quirky a character as Missy you can get away with things like that.
  • Squashed fly under your big toe.

Sorted.

Pointless, no-one will see it much and it'll hurt like hell, kind of sums up a lot of tattoes in general.

Still, I keep thinking about one myself....
    New '06 Giant XTC composite.(Black bike No.3)
    Specialized Allez double (Black bike No.2)
    Suzuki Sv650s (Black bike No.1)
    Subaru Legacy GT-B twin turbo (White not Black)
  • Anonymous
    Missy Giove is not quirky. Missy Giove is spun.
  • missy is way cool. i've thought about a tat but i doubt very much i will, was gonna go with something like a chainring/sprocket/chain, that idea of a silloute of a rider is good though. and really don't get mint sauce and don't put it somewhere where you see it all the time either.
  • Anonymous
    Yeah, Missy is awesome, now where did my dead pirahna necklace go, I just may need some luck today.

Please.
  • If you dont know what you want...my advice...dont get one! It took me 6months to be happy with the one I designed.
  • Anonymous
    i would get this done, oh yeah, i did already:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    For gods sake, if you must get one, get one that you pcked out. I've got a couple from
    my Navy days. Tattoos are nothing special as far as I'm concerned. 20 years from now you will ask yourself why, just like a lot of other people. If you are getting it for the cool
    factor(like myself back when) I can pretty much assure you that no one really cares.

Dennis Noward
  • at the end of the day if you want a tattoo get one. everyone has their own opinion on them, but its you whos going to have it. anyway ive got an awesome one on the inside of my wrist, its basically a burd with long hair, a corset type thing on and a hooooge pair of waps :D . if i figure out how to get pics on here i'll stick one on
    only when you stare death in the face do you feel most alive
  • dhxcme
    dhxcme Posts: 1,467
    if you get one discresion is always the key. decide how descrete you have to be and then decide how descrete you want to be. (idea being the first limits the second) you don't want to get some persons name writen up you for arm only for them to run off and you then have to get it burned off or meet somebody with the same name.

one girl I know had her boyfriends name tattooed on her back but it was hidden in a bigger tattoo and was really hard to see unless you knew where to look. her boyfriend had her name tattooed right across his heart (skin covering not the organ) and then they split up. his new girlfriend must love haveing to look at his chest like a list of people who he did before.

other than that, I say get what you want
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    im actually a fully trained tattoo artist. and i would suggest think about it for a long time and if you do get one done go to a decent tattooist not any old shop but do your homework on the artist first. probably the best tattooist in the uk is bob hoyle not sure where he is now maybe london. but even if it cost an extra £100 in traveling it worth it so you dont end up with a piece of sh1t on your body.

by the way im 33 and ive got over 50 tats and im embarassed by them, even when cycling in summer i always wear longs never shorts cos my legs are covered and its embarassing so my advice would be think long and hard.

also remember the anti social stigma that comes with tattoos, i would never get another job because of the way i look.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • i have loads and love em... Couldn't imagen being without them now. Had my first one 20 years ago now, aged 18, and never once regreted having them. Except the last one, that was a total arse up.... So i agree with the above, go find the best tattooist you can.

Buy lots of tattoo mags, take your time choosing, and go for it...you only live once. :D
    thinking happy thoughts....before the pixies steal them..

www.homersbikes.co.uk
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've wanted a tatoo but two things have stopped me, what design and the aftercare!
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    aftercare is easy.

1 wash with warm soapy water not hot.

2 apply a light coat of bepanthen cream 3 or 4 times a day

3 dont go swimming

4 do not expose to hot sunshine for 4 weeks

5 do not pick the scabs
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    I have seven tats mostly from my days in the navy.
    1. they bloody hurt if anyone says they dont their telling fibs
    2. i regret the cartoon type ones i have
    3. i am glad i stayed with my dads advice and had them all within the underware zone. i.e tshirt and longjohns i know it sounds old fashioned but a tat hanging out of a short sleeve shirt can look tacky.
    4. choose wisely as they ARE there for LIVE.
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/