I need help

skinny man0903
skinny man0903 Posts: 37
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
Hi I live in glastonbury and would like tocycle to wellington in somerset, which whould be the best route
many thanks

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...don't know the area, but how about buying an Ordance Survey Landranger map...very good for planning cycling trips... :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Langport, Ilminster and then up into the Blackdowns for some hills :twisted: to then drop down into Wellington from the South. Unless you'd rather stay on the flat stuff.........

Any road that is not the main road is pretty good around there. Do get a map then you are fine should you get lost too. You can cycle along the canal for some of the route if towpaths are your thing.
  • thanks for that i tried using multimap but that gave directions to the motor way is there a on-line mapping just for cyclists
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    i normally get a road atlas and make a note of town and village names en route and follow signs for those and make it avoid large roads.
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I think RAC Route Planner (http://www.rac.co.uk/web/routeplanner/) gives you the option to avoid motorways - it's not ideal but should give you the shortest route.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Use google maps, then you can use the satellite view to see what sort of roads you would use.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr