**immature post**

el_presidente
el_presidente Posts: 1,963
edited December 2007 in Commuting chat
Dear roadie in full head to toe rapha (inc hat), yellow lensed rudy projects & courier bag. Your Independiencia (?) with Record, retro Brooks Swift saddle and classy brown leather bar tape looked very nice. Shame you got beaten out of sight up the Regent's Park hill* by me on my knackered too-small single-speed Spesh Hardrock last night ;)

*barely perceptible incline
<a>road</a>

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    :D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...you live for these moments...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    You can't have been going that fast if you had time to spec out all his bike and clothing :wink:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Gussio wrote:
    You can't have been going that fast if you had time to spec out all his bike and clothing :wink:

LOLZ! :D

That said, he could have just been making him suffer by going past him slowly.
  • joebe
    joebe Posts: 333
    Or perhaps the Roadie was having a rest? :roll:
    pink is the new black
    Doris hanging out by the river
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    It doesn't count when you push them off!
  • janm399
    janm399 Posts: 132
    No, he can't have been having a rest. For a roadie, riding alone is a commute, seeing another cyclist makes it a race. An no one likes losing :)
    Computer geek, Manchester Wheelers' member since 2006
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    janm399 wrote:
    No, he can't have been having a rest. For a roadie, riding alone is a commute, seeing another cyclist makes it a race. An no one likes losing :)

Oh no, I'm a closet roadie!

What next? Lycra :shock:
  • joebe
    joebe Posts: 333
    But occasionally I can't be @r5ed. What does that make me?
    pink is the new black
    Doris hanging out by the river
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    joebe wrote:
    But occasionally I can't be @r5ed. What does that make me?

tired?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • miffed
    miffed Posts: 469
    I dont understand this passed a guy in rapha get in attitude. Just because he has style, class and is probably more sucessful than you. If you walk past a guy in a nice suit you dont think get in, im better at walking than him.

Beat a guy on a good road bike when your on a mountain bike then thats ok. Just dont dis style.
    Puke washes out, Glory lasts forever
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    The OP also forgot to point out that he'd done about a mile and the rapha guy was just easing downt after a 100 mile jaunt..... :wink:
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    miffed wrote:
    If you walk past a guy in a nice suit you dont think get in, im better at walking than him.
    Speak for yourself. :lol: I overtook and old man on a hill today, makes you feel good!
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    miffed wrote:
    I dont understand this passed a guy in rapha get in attitude. Just because he has style, class and is probably more sucessful than you. If you walk past a guy in a nice suit you dont think get in, im better at walking than him.

Beat a guy on a good road bike when your on a mountain bike then thats ok. Just dont dis style.

What a load of rubbish, spending a load of money, or a cycle to work voucher, on gear doesn't make you successful or stylish. It is however a faster bike so you get the same sense of achievement as if you'd out-dragged a Ferrari in a bus.
  • miffed
    miffed Posts: 469
    Rapha stuff looks good therefore stylish and if you can afford Rapha then you must be quite wealthy, its not for the hard of cash now is it?

j
    Puke washes out, Glory lasts forever
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i might buy some rapha stuff just to let people pass me.

i also need a new Workshop Apron and those FIXED. Shorts look good.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown