Good Morning™ 10th December 2007

El Capitano
El Capitano Posts: 6,401
edited December 2007 in The Crudcatcher
It's nearly Christmas!

*Does the excited dance*

This weekend was a rollercoaster of mixed emotions:

It rained.

After putting two trolley fulls of Christmas food through the check-out at Morrisons, the checkout till crashed and everything had to be put through again!

It raned some more.

I bid and won 'something rather nice' on Ebay over the weekend (No Pics, so it didn't actually happen).

It rained even harder.

One of the boy's friends got his car stuck in a flood, I had to go and 'rescue' them. Yay for raised suspension and AWD.

Mrs C ordered me something nice for the Cakemobile for Christmas.

It rained some more just for the hell of it.

I had to buy our 3rd Christmas tree of the season! 1st one was too big (got taken back), 2nd one was two small, 3rd one was just right (Sounds a bit like the Goldilocks and 3 bears story...). However, we've now got two trees up in the lounge! Much as I'd pretty much got Mrs C. to agree to decorating our house 'subtley' this year, she has, once again, gone completely over the top!

And I've just ordered myself something very, very, very, very nice (and extremely useful and practicle) from Australia.

Oh, and it's stopped raining and the sun is shining now...

How was everyone else's weekends?

:D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it almost afternoon here!

well time for lunch.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What's the thing from Australia? I'm intrigued
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    ny weekend was packing up the house to move to inverness next thursday and today was a religious studies exam :lol: finished in 15 mins
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Details of the two things youve won/ordered are needed!
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Australia...Ay Up lightset by any chance?

Weekend was work-tastic, two days off now, but been to the dentists for a filling today & have to pop into work to bank the cash in the safe so we can order more bikes for Xmas.

Tomorrow is putting up the decorations/tree/lights day!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    M.Cole wrote:
    What's the thing from Australia? I'm intrigued

i have a feeling it will be some lights.

the ones that everyone is talking about...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    ditto to andrew. i went to birmingham for night out with mates and we also watched the fight. long way from newquay. am now at work absolutely knackered. looking forward to having lunch and picking up my new forks :)
  • El Capitano
    Matt - YGM.

I'm not saying anything about what i've orderd from Australia yet, however I will say that it's not an Ay-Up lightset. Similarly, I'm not saying anything about what I won on Ebay.

Full details will be forthcoming when I have NEKKIDPIXORZ to prove that things actually exist!

:D
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    :(
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    ElCap You bought a Kangaroo from Aus & a Llama 'cross breeding kit' off ebay so you can have a woolly jumper, didn't you....
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    :P

Damn someone is a wake.
  • El Capitano
    Andy_B wrote:
    ElCap You bought a Kangaroo from Aus & a Llama 'cross breeding kit' off ebay so you can have a woolly jumper, didn't you....

Well that didn't stay quiet for long..... :oops:
  • Morning all - I collected my XT groupset form the parcel place on Sat, it is all clean and shiny.

I'm still tired from staying up watching the fight, it was like 6AM when I finally got to bed - Got up at 10 cos I couldn't sleep. I'm just in a daze today!

Christmas is dead close now - I'm really looking forward to it this year, got all my stuff for the Mrs, and I might be receiving some bike related stuff in return! Lucky me!

off to lunch now, then I'm going to check and update the Superhero thread, its quite a job you know!!