Considering heart montior / gps for training

FSR_XC
FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
edited December 2007 in Health, fitness & training
I started thinking about getting a heart monitor.

This then grew into - mmmm, wouldn't it be nice to have something that showed your speed, had gps, could be linked to the computer, could work out training programs etc etc. Then, what about using it for running & circuit training too.

You know what I mean.

Then like everyone else, I wanted all this for about £30. :lol:

I looked arond and found a the Garmin Forerunner 305. OK, not quite £30, but that was never going to happen, was it!

Anyone got one?

Other options?
Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com

Comments

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    I have a Garmin Edge 305 - and its the best thing Ive ever bought.

Being a typical bloke who wants gadgets, this little toy tracks everything you do on a ride.

If you have a regular route/loop, then the Garmin is excellent for training AGAINST as you can race yourself to keep pace up.

The Garmin also has excellent training features to make you work harder for set periods to get fitter.

And to top it off, you can see where you've been on google-earth and manage all of your sessions on Motionbased.com

You can also load up pre-determined routes to follow or race against.

All in all, this is the most ideal Cycling accessory you could buy - all of my mates are getting one!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet