Giro d'Lombardia

mrushton
mrushton Posts: 5,182
Has anyone does this sportive event? If so, did you fly to Milan or Bergamo and how did you transfer? Is there an english translation of the entry or did you use an organised trip?
M.Rushton

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    I'm planning on doing it next year. I've been to Como a few times now for the pro race on the Saturday and figured it'd be fun to take a bike and ride the Gran Fondo the day after.

If you don't want to hire a car then I'd suggest you get a flight to Milan Malpensa airport. Taxis from there to Como are between €80-100 but the cheaper option is to get a train from Malpensa to Saronno (of Amaretto fame) then change there onto a train to Como.

If you fly to either Milan Linate or Bergamo then I'd think you'd need to hire a car as the public transport options are difficult when you've got a bike with you.
  • Hi Andrew,

Did it last year. Had a ball, but unfortuantely drove there. However the advice from andyp above is pretty spot on .

Here's a report if you're interested...

http://www.flammerouge.je/content/6_cyc ... mbardy.htm

with a link to the hotel that's on the start/finish line and is the HQ for the sportive.

Have a great trip.